Hosted by Darren Baker
Modelling dilemma
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 05:07 PM UTC
Reading elsewhere on the net, reputable sources, Russian vehicles Armata, Kurganets, and Boomerang are not going into production. The existing vehicles will be utilised for parade purposes, whilst the existing fleet of MBT, IFV, and APC will be upgraded to save money... what to do with those Panda kits!
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,124 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 06:37 PM UTC
What ifs? Convert your coffee table into Red Square and make a parade dio?
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 07:33 PM UTC
I know it may feel strange to model a tank et.c. without heavy weathering but it doesn't really hurt much. I build, when I do get around to it, clean vehicles in more or less parade condition and it doesn't hurt. Well, maybe a little, but it hurts less than having a tooth pulled out without anesthesia ..

A Red Square parade or exercise before the parade sounds like a brilliant idea. A paved surface, a squeaky clean tank with painted or polished tracks and the tank commander in stiff attention facing the VIP-stand.

/ Robin
RLlockie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 938 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 08:42 PM UTC
I bet they got weathered during testing. V embarrassing to break down on the parade because the mechanicals weren’t tested properly.
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 04:38 PM UTC
Build them and have fun! Make them look like parade vehicles, in service vehicles, or what if vehicles.

Never say never that they won't be in service sometime in the future.

srmalloy
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 336 posts
Armorama: 298 posts
Posted: Friday, August 03, 2018 - 04:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I know it may feel strange to model a tank et.c. without heavy weathering but it doesn't really hurt much. I build, when I do get around to it, clean vehicles in more or less parade condition and it doesn't hurt. Well, maybe a little, but it hurts less than having a tooth pulled out without anesthesia ..

You could always make a diorama showing a couple of these vehicles being prepped for parade, with one vehicle going through a wash station and a second with people kneeling around it carefully painting out scratches with small brushes or polishing the lights and optics, and be able to partially weather both of them to show the prep work that goes into making them parade-ready.
Garrand
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 195 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Friday, August 03, 2018 - 04:20 AM UTC
Just curious but do you have a link for where this family of AFVs are not going into production?

Damon.
M4A3E8Easy8
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 302 posts
Armorama: 300 posts
Posted: Friday, August 03, 2018 - 05:22 AM UTC
From what I have read there are going to be two divisions of the armata (100 produced) so you can at least model them. I would not model one all burnt out or destroyed, I am pretty sure there is still a few vials of that nerver gas still lose around the world.. Putin will not be ammused..
BravoTwoZero
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 461 posts
Armorama: 370 posts
Posted: Friday, August 03, 2018 - 05:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Reading elsewhere on the net, reputable sources, Russian vehicles Armata, Kurganets, and Boomerang are not going into production. The existing vehicles will be utilised for parade purposes, whilst the existing fleet of MBT, IFV, and APC will be upgraded to save money... what to do with those Panda kits!

If I am not mistaken, isn't that the same case with the 2A3 Kondensator 2P? It was mostly for parade?
 _GOTOTOP