_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Review
Meng: Panther Ausf. D
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2018 - 12:10 AM UTC

Mark Nicodemus provides us with a look at the Panther Ausf. D with Metal Barrel from Meng in 1/35th scale.

Read the Review

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 10:04 AM UTC
thank you Mark, for this well-written & detailed examination of yet another Panther kit. Here I was practically begging someone -anyone- to offer a modern Bergepanther kit and it literally RAINS Panther variants. Good news for all, I'm sure. I personally have the Ausf "D" variant covered so this kit by Meng is of passing interest; what will really shake me is the upcoming Jagdpanther variant waiting in the wings. That and their excellent-looking Bergepanther, that is...
d111298pw
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 654 posts
Armorama: 638 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 06:09 PM UTC
Frank, thanks for the comments. I've got the Meng Bergpanther Ausf. A on pre-order. I expect I'll do a review of it after I receive it. I do have the Takom Bergepanther Aus. D. So, I might do a review of it next.
Kaktusas
Visit this Community
Vilnius, Lithuania
KitMaker: 196 posts
Armorama: 196 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 08:39 PM UTC
I would like to add that PE screens aren't very convincing, and better replaced with some aftermarket. Got their Kingtiger in "ready to build" rack, but still haven't figured out what to do with grills.
d111298pw
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 654 posts
Armorama: 638 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 12:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I would like to add that PE screens aren't very convincing, and better replaced with some aftermarket. Got their Kingtiger in "ready to build" rack, but still haven't figured out what to do with grills.

Darius, I agree with you. I forgot to mention in my review. Aftermarket option will be needed.
 _GOTOTOP