_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Rado: Warsaw Uprising
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 05:19 AM UTC

Rado Miniatures announced their August releases.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 10:13 AM UTC
I like the squad leader figure; interesting that he's carrying the mag pouch for an MP40 (were they interchangeable on the Sten?) The little ribbon that the rifleman is wearing isn't enough to prevent both sides from shooting at you. His expression seems a bit clueless as well, but that's just me being critical (though that is a part of the job here). Iwould have preferred an expression that I could recognize: anger, dismay, fear, etc.
Radek
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 07:52 PM UTC
Dear Taeuss,

Good to hear from you. Being a creative modeller you can of course use a replacement head of any other brand like the ones with more dynamic facial expressions from e.g Alpine. Rado figures matches the sizes of generally available resin figures so that shouldn't be a big deal. As for the Sten it's not about the magazines but about the pouch the insurgents used everything what they could get and that was the intention for this figure, but of course, as stated in the description text, you can use the alternative MP40 that comes with this figure.

Best,
Rado
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 08:34 AM UTC
Thank you Radek, you nailed exactly what I would do in regards to the heads. As to the pouch, I understood that times were desperate and that everything possible was used, I just wondered about the Sten/MP40 clip compatibility. I'm kind of picky that way.
Radek
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 09:11 AM UTC
I noticed that, especially in regards to Rado releases. As for the SMGs, both utilized the same 9mm Parabellum ammunition so I believe it is possible to utilize a MP40 pouch for Sten magazines, but I didn't have the chance to check on my own.
Cheers,
R.
 _GOTOTOP