_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
suitable T72 hulls
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 667 posts
Armorama: 639 posts
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2018 - 04:16 AM UTC
is there such a creature that will pass for an early T72? miniarm's ural turret seems ti fit meng and trump's B variants, seeing as they don't have the added upper glacis armor. I like to use the meng, really decent kits, but it has the 6 and not 8 spoke roadwheels, so they'll need replacing. maybe this'll get me outta the land of confusion. this is worse that Brit Centurion/Chieftain variants
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2018 - 02:58 PM UTC
Hi;

FYI; There are AM sets available for 8-spoke wheel's !
Or just pick up one of Trumpeter's Copy of the Tamiya T-72, Now you could try and source Miniarm's set, but you can buy two of the trumpy copy's for the cost of Miniarm's !! And Rite Now there are A Ton of the Tamiya's Clone's for sale on ebay !

CHEERS; MIKE.
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2018 - 10:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi;

FYI; There are AM sets available for 8-spoke wheel's !
Or just pick up one of Trumpeter's Copy of the Tamiya T-72, Now you could try and source Miniarm's set, but you can buy two of the trumpy copy's for the cost of Miniarm's !! And Rite Now there are A Ton of the Tamiya's Clone's for sale on ebay !

CHEERS; MIKE.

wouldn't know what to even DO with the rest of 2 trump 72s lol. and I am kinda leaning toward mengs T72B for the lower hull, AND trax. figured there's be set out there. if not miniarm, maybe accurate armor has them
marcb
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,244 posts
Armorama: 1,226 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 12:41 AM UTC
This one might work.
https://sbsmodel.com/model/SBS-35006/t-72m-early-front-hull-armour-set-for-tamiya-kit

Regards,

Marc
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 06:31 AM UTC

yeah, I did find that one, but opted for verlindens full upper hull set1. thinking now I shoulda gone with sbs. at least I can take the verlinden into lhs for store credit. will that pass for a ural, tho

found miniarms 8 spoke roadwheels
 _GOTOTOP