_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Italeri: M60A1
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 11:31 PM UTC

New M60A1 from Italeri at 1/72.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2018 - 12:13 AM UTC
Way surpassed kit with a great decal sheet. Pretty sure the included tracks are wrong for the two American decal versions. I have photos of both in my references and they had T97 track. The box top even shows them but I doubt Italeri changed the molds to represent the other track.
MacTrucks
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 285 posts
Armorama: 228 posts
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2018 - 01:01 PM UTC
Looks like the ancient ESCI tooling to me. Just count the number of road wheels. Yep, I think those are the steam roller double width wheels. The track probably doesn't have the horns either. I built the M48 kits and an M60A2 ages ago leaving the wheels and track as-is.

The Revell kit is a more suitable basis. I believe it has the T142 track though. I wish Revell decided to do the M48. I'd buy more than one of those!
MacTrucks
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 285 posts
Armorama: 228 posts
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2018 - 01:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Way surpassed kit with a great decal sheet. Pretty sure the included tracks are wrong for the two American decal versions. I have photos of both in my references and they had T97 track. The box top even shows them but I doubt Italeri changed the molds to represent the other track.

Technically the Esci/Ertl/Italeri M48 kits have T97 track what would be compatible with the double road wheels. You'd be better off with the OKB Grigorov chassis correction set with T97E2 tracks and separate road wheels though. I can't say if it would work with the Revell M60A1 kit, but the Revell kit would have the ribbed road wheels. Cheaper than two Italeri kits too.
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2018 - 08:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Technically the Esci/Ertl/Italeri M48 kits have T97 track what would be compatible with the double road wheels. You'd be better off with the OKB Grigorov chassis correction set with T97E2 tracks and separate road wheels though. I can't say if it would work with the Revell M60A1 kit, but the Revell kit would have the ribbed road wheels. Cheaper than two Italeri kits too.

I put the M48 tracks on my M60A1 way back when the Esci kits first came out. It was a tough fit. This kit also has a bare gun mantle and is missing most of the exterior details of an M60A1 including the chin fillets. The turret is a prototype one as in the original Tamiya 1/35 kit of 1970. The Revell one is so much better.

But still a nice decal sheet.
 _GOTOTOP