_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Modern US Army/USMC firing rocket launcher?
Havoc
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 08:01 AM UTC
Heya, Folks,

Does anyone know if there is a 1/35 resin or plastic figure of Modern US Army / USMC firing a Javelin or LAW-type rocket launcher? Not sure if the military is still using disposable, one-shot rockets anymore...

All I have been able to find is one resin figure on Ebay and the figure manufacturer is not listed... The figure itself looks great, but $23.00 plus shipping is a bit pricey for a single 35th scale resin figure.

Here's the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-35-US-Army-Soldier-Shooting-Grenade-Launcher-AT4-Anti-Tank-Resin-Scale-Model/142914184589?hash=item214659658d:rk:1:pf:0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Folks!

With Regards and Aloha,

Johnny B.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 08:42 AM UTC
After meeting an MTT from Lockheed Martin a few years a go and getting really good walk around of the Javelin and components, I pushed really hard for Lee at Legend to produce a gunner, but that project always got pushed aside for others. He still has the research, so maybe one day. They do a standing soldier with an AT-4. There's a slew of figures available that you could easily convert to a kneeling AT-4 gunner,
That said, Verlinden did a standing LAW gunner - I've never been fully happy with anything I've ever gotten of theirs.
You best bet is to get the Black Dog Javelin and AT-4 set, and do what makes you happy.
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 11:28 AM UTC
Legend Productions figure that 18Bravo mentioned.

This is an old Warriors set:

It belongs with this big set:

It was 4 different sets:

Havoc
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 893 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 02:52 PM UTC
Thanks, Gents,

Really appreciate the detailed info and choices!

Fingers crossed Legend will take your suggestion one day and we'll see a well-sculpted modern AT-4 gunner. And thanks for all that you do for the hobby, by the way... Agreed on the Verlinden figures --- good for back in the day, but at least for me, today's figures (I'm thinking Bravo 6 and similar quality companies)blow these older figures away by a country mile.

Some of those old Verlinden figures make me cringe having seen components re-used in so many of their figures! And if I never see that Vietnam bearded hippie head with the glasses, bandanna and pipe ever again, it will be too soon!

And Pete,thanks a bunch, dude! I think the Warriors figures are starting to return, so I may be able to snag the set with the AT-4 gunner at a decent price in the not-too-distant future...

Much-Appreciated, Yuse Guys!

With Regards and Aloha,

Johnny B.
Trisaw
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2018 - 11:58 AM UTC
Hey Johnny!

Verlinden makes a 1/35 Vietnam figure firing a LAW.

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/vern0444.htm

If you desire, you can change a whole lot on this figure using Live-Resin torso, heads, helmet, and gear and keep the legs. Or use kneeling DML Sniper Team legs as the basis.

Yes, the AT-4, LAW, Javelin ATGM, and SMAW are still being used by U.S. soldiers. The Dragon ATGM isn't. U.S. Special Forces are also duplicating the RPG, being made and improved in the USA.

Right now the 84mm M3 Carl Gustav is the preferred rocket launcher and is entering service to complement these rockets. Live-Resin makes a modern version of the M3 Carl Gustav.
grimmo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 752 posts
Armorama: 569 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 - 10:53 PM UTC
Dragon make a USMC figue firing a SMAW
Trisaw
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 - 12:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Dragon make a USMC figue firing a SMAW

Correct, and if one really wants to update it, use Live-Resin torso, heads, and pouches.
 _GOTOTOP