_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Russian T34/85 1944 Interior Colors
howsthat1959
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 15 posts
Armorama: 15 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 12:21 AM UTC
I'm ready to tackle the 1/16 scale Trumpeter T34/85 1944 #183 kit and was hoping to get some consensus on some of the interior colors. For the fighting compartment most show the floors are "Russian" blue/grey and the walls white, though some have the sloped part of the front floor white and others blue/grey. But what about the engine and aft compartments? Some are all white including engine mounts (and floor?) Also have come across the blue grey everywhere and some other bizarre things like a greenish yellow rear compartment. What makes the most sense? I'm leaning towards the all blue/grey rear. I've seen these various combos in other Russian Armour of the same period.

Also: Should the radiators be aluminum and what about the air cleaners?

And what's Mig Ammo Russian interior green for?

Thanks.
Darius359au
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 24 posts
Armorama: 24 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 08:47 AM UTC
I'm building the same model and from what I can find the answer to your questions seems to be "yes"! , different sources say different things and pictures are the same basically! it seems pretty much what each factory had on hand at the time.
Just finished the lower hull interior and I went with the all white for crew compartment and engine/transmission bay - went with a dark undercoat/primer colour which shows through the wear and chipping!

The Radiators aluminium same as the engine from what I found.
howsthat1959
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 15 posts
Armorama: 15 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 08:54 AM UTC
Does appear that "any goes" must have been the rule.
 _GOTOTOP