_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
trumpeter chinese BJ212a w/105mm R.R.
dukwhunter
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 - 11:25 PM UTC
Hi Guys, I was just wondering if anyone can provide me with some more info on this vehicle ? I've seen all that was avaiable on the missing links site. Thanks in advance.joey
tankbuster
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 05:33 PM UTC
IT JUST ARRIVED!!!! together with some other exotic stuff ( Osorio, T55+Btu-55, K1A1, VAB 4x4, Bernard Tank Transporter )

although the box is only 30x22x5cms it contains 6 sprues, 1 clear parts sprue, + 1 sprue with figures.
the later ones look a bit strange, especially the faces, but they are useful.
but the kit!!
I have never seen such nice and crisp parts from trumpeter. it looks quite similar to AFV Club quality.
the only disadvantage may be the rubber wheels. they have a nice pattern, but who knows how long the rubber remains as it is..

The Jeep is a BJ 212 and looks like the mixture between a GAZ and an old Toyota Landcruiser. The recoulless rifle has certain similarities to the US 106mm recoilless rifle.
have u seen a picture of it meanwhile??

regards, werner
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 06:08 PM UTC
Being close to China (I am in HK), I had seen some BJ212 civilian version in China before, I will see what I can do to take some pictures next time I venture into China on my business trip. basically they are the copy of the Gaz, and ride in one of them will seriously do some real damage to your butt, the suspension is non-existent.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 08:38 PM UTC
Here's a "First Look" of it done by Terry Ashley over at PMMS: Chinese BJ212A
 _GOTOTOP