_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Painting Live-resin figures in parts
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,264 posts
Armorama: 1,763 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 - 05:20 PM UTC
Hi all. Gotta question. Just got my first ever Live-resin purchase and it is beautifully made. The detail is astonishing. The parts are so well made that it ain't funny. Practically no flashes to remove. My question is have any of you painted the figures separately before putting them together? It looks it will not be a problem, but is it advisable? The parts seem to fit together so perfectly.
Venko555
Visit this Community
Bulgaria
KitMaker: 908 posts
Armorama: 698 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 - 05:57 PM UTC
I painted a Live Resin US modern soldier that way and I see no problem doing this. Personally I prefer painting such multi parts figures separetely, because when assembled many places will be unreachable with the brush and will be hard to paint.

Venelin
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 - 07:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I painted a Live Resin US modern soldier that way and I see no problem doing this. Personally I prefer painting such multi parts figures separetely, because when assembled many places will be unreachable with the brush and will be hard to paint.

Venelin

Thank you. Do you have a pic of your painted figure?
iamheaminot
Visit this Community
Invercargill, New Zealand
KitMaker: 265 posts
Armorama: 185 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 - 08:06 PM UTC
Me. I prefer to glue everything together. More so if parts are badly fitting as one has to use putty etc. An old trick is to undercoat in black. Parts that cannot be reached will be in shadow chance-as-are anyway. Been using this method for 48 years. Seems to work for me and of course I cannot and will not have the cheek to speak for others

Some examples are:

ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2018 - 01:47 AM UTC
Thanks.
 _GOTOTOP