_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Santa Claus is coming to town
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2018 - 03:17 AM UTC
or rather he is already in town by the looks of it:
https://www.modellbau-koenig.de/Figuren/Figuren-1-35/Sonstige/British-German-Santa-Claus-London-Berlin-WWII

http://www.ddayminiaturestudio.com/135-scale-2.html

Maybe this is old news but since the "season" is approaching ...

/ Robin
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2018 - 04:38 AM UTC
Didn´t the Brits call him Father Christmas?
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2018 - 04:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Didn´t the Brits call him Father Christmas?

Thanks! Had to check You are absolutely right.

Father Christmas in english speaking countries except the US and Canada. Used to be at least ... we have Santa Claus in advertising around here as well so the Swedish 'jultomte' is facing tough competition ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father_Christmas

Not to forget Fazeru Kurisumasu (spelling??)
/ Robin
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2018 - 05:37 AM UTC
Referred to both ways in Doctor Who.
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2018 - 08:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I finally watched Dr Who; it’s about time....
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2018 - 08:41 AM UTC
Here in Germany, we have the Weihnachtsmann (similar to Santa Claus/Father Christmas) and the Nikolaus. Both are similar in appearance (Red Coat/White Beard), only that the Weihnachtsmann brings the gifts on Dec. 24 while the Nikolaus or Heiliger Nikolaus brings the presents on Dec.6. To make it more complex in some areas in Germany the Christkind is competing with Weihnachtsmann. The Christkind is an Angel-like figure with a long shining dress, blonde hair and wings. World-famous is the Christkind of the Nuremberg Christkindlesmarkt. Anyway, as a child I never asked who brings the presents as long as they came on Dec. 6 AND on Dec. 24.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2018 - 09:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I finally watched Dr Who; it’s about time....

Some puns should be intentional.
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2018 - 09:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Here in Germany, we have the Weihnachtsmann (similar to Santa Claus/Father Christmas) and the Nikolaus. Both are similar in appearance (Red Coat/White Beard), only that the Weihnachtsmann brings the gifts on Dec. 24 while the Nikolaus or Heiliger Nikolaus brings the presents on Dec.6. To make it more complex in some areas in Germany the Christkind is competing with Weihnachtsmann. The Christkind is an Angel-like figure with a long shining dress, blonde hair and wings. World-famous is the Christkind of the Nuremberg Christkindlesmarkt. Anyway, as a child I never asked who brings the presents as long as they came on Dec. 6 AND on Dec. 24.

in Switzerland it's even more complicated,We have Santa like everyone the 25dec. but we have also Nikolaus the 6gen. like in Germany but we also have Saint Nikolaus Von Flue who is the Swiss holy protector,but in my Canton because is the Italian speaking region we do depend from family to family 2 San Nikolau,Santa who we call "Babbo Natale" the 25 or Baby Jesus "Gesu' Bambino" who do the same like Santa but the 24dec. and many time the 6dec the German Nikolaus it's substitute by the Italian "Befana" who is a kind of Witch/old lady.... ...but now i live in Australia and they use Santa like in USA but to keep the tradition for my kids we open some presets the 24dec. with Baby Jesus and other the 25dec with Santa and the 6dec with the Befana.... ....what a mess!!!

....and maybe i forgot something from the Swiss-French side!!!!....
 _GOTOTOP