_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Review
Osprey: American British Battle Tanks
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
Armorama: 2,447 posts
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2018 - 06:53 PM UTC

BRITISH BATTLE TANKS: AMERICAN-MADE WORLD WAR II TANKS is a detailed 256-page hardback book from OSPREY PUBLISHING LTD.

Read the Review

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2018 - 09:50 PM UTC
Just got the three books in the series--they cover British tanks from World War One through the end of World War Two, and represent a tremendous value for money. The first title covers the First World War and the interwar years, and the second and third cover British-built tanks and American-built tanks in British service.

Unlike earlier compilations, they haven't just glued together a bunch of Osprey Vanguard titles--there is a certain amount of amalgamation, and some material was written to bridge gaps. You don't get every single color drawing in the equivalent Vanguard titles, nut you get quite a lot of them. The principal author is The Tank Museum's David Fletcher, but Steve Zaloga did write some of this title.
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
Armorama: 2,447 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2018 - 04:28 AM UTC
Gerald, thanks for the insight. I do not have the other two titles. What photos and artwork is in this book is satisfying to me - I suspect including all the available images from the various Vanguard books it would add another 100 pages.
 _GOTOTOP