_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Evolution: WSS Panther Crew and SS Officer
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2018 - 11:10 PM UTC

Evolution Miniatures released a new set of figures covering German soldiers from WW2.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 - 05:04 AM UTC
These are all very nice but where's the soldier taking the shell casing? Or is he merely tossing it out? I'd rather have him loading in than tossing out; makes for a more interesting dio.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 - 05:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

These are all very nice but where's the soldier taking the shell casing? Or is he merely tossing it out? I'd rather have him loading in than tossing out; makes for a more interesting dio.

Assuming there's enough room inside I think you could put a complete round in his hands and have him loading it.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 - 11:57 AM UTC
Notice he's using rags to handle the spent round because it's pretty hot! He may not be needing the rags to load a fresh round. Because of his pose, it may not be possible to fit him into a turret loading a round anyway. He's also facing the wrong way to load - his pose puts him on the left side of the gun, in the gunners position. And since he's only a partial figure he's pretty useless for an open top panzerjager.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 - 01:43 PM UTC
My thoughts on that:
The rags can be removed easily enough if you want. I used to load and unload 105 rounds bare handed and yes, they do get hot, but not hot enough you can't handle them long enough to flip them and hopefully get them to stand upright. (Beer!)

Of course there's a trick I discovered for this that is counter intuitive. The gun chief gave up and decided to just buy us a pony keg.

I started out wearing gloves, but the last thing you want is to have part of a glove caught in the breech and have to open it again. It's embarrassing and slows you down when competing with other crews. (Potential loss of beer) Of course dropping it on the ground when pulling it from the breech is also costly. (Beer)

So I've placed a figure in a Wespe, and the figure looks as if he's got the round at the right height. Fortunately the bend in the legs is much easier to fix with resin. (hair dryer)
If I were still into German artillery I'd get this set, but as I am not, if anyone wants to try it I'll gladly send them some German lower legs to complete the figure.
teh111
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
KitMaker: 23 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 - 04:29 PM UTC
This seems to be a good set for me .I like it becasue it is based on a real picture and the commander are very natural posed .Looks like one of my Panthers have a new Crew in sight
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 - 10:54 AM UTC
Found a good one in my collection. My classmate, SFC Terry Best removes a casing from breech barehanded, Ft. Sill 1998.

_GOTOTOP