_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Best T90M?
TopSmith
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,742 posts
Armorama: 1,658 posts
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 - 02:23 PM UTC
I want to make a Russian T90M from the kits available. I am not an expert on the T90 or in comparing the kits available. I am thinking Tiger Models T90MS 2013-2015 model but that is solely based on the box art. Which kit should I go with and what changes will I need to make the nonexport version?
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 03:33 AM UTC
Hi Greg,

You can choose between TigerModels, Zvezda and Trumpeter models.
Meng too, but not for the M versions.

As far as I know they are all very good kits.

I don't know which of these criteria matters the most to you, if it's price, accuracy or detail.

Also before buying, read some reviews, see some unboxing videos and check the available instructions sheets.

In my opinion, you'll be good with any of the 3 kits (TM, Trumpy,Zvezda ) , just add a metal gun barrel and have fun building it !
TopSmith
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 02:24 PM UTC
I am looking for accuracy. I have read that the version for India was going to be similar to the Russian version. India was going to buy a great number and all the engineering for that model was done so making a home version would be simple. How true that is I can't testify to. I assume there would be some differences but not being a T90 follower I don't know what modifications would be needed. I saw some T90M photos and there appeared to be some hanging chain armor like on a Merkava and the panels on the exterior of the turret appeared to be smooth with a ridge at the base.
I'm sure there are additional differences that others know about.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 05:21 PM UTC
Hi;

Trying to Build A Specific version that India uses is going to very Difficult as DARDO does not give out details on there version's of Ajeeya or Bheesma ( T-72/ T-90 ) as to which Systems that they will Incorporate; Fire Control, Optics etc; !! Now I would Not be willing to bet against that they would even uses systems that were used on Arjun !
As for picking A kit; I would go with Tiger Models T-90 !

CHEERS; MIKE.
RealHokum
Visit this Community
Moscow, Russia
KitMaker: 25 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 06:18 PM UTC
As far as I know, the most accurate model of the T-90MS (in geometry) is from the Zvezda. How the Russian version of the T-90M will look like is not yet known for sure. What was shown at the exhibitions is a prototype, in which periodically something changes. What is now visible "by eye" is a new anti-aircraft machine-gun unit (there is no analogue on any T-90MS), new fenders (front), other turret armor modules, there is no "faceted" cover of the commander's hatch, minor differences in the location of sensors on the turret, the exhaust pipe casing of the other. , the log on the right (and not the back), etc. The anti-cumulative grids hanging along the contour of the turret is not a fact that the final version, in the earlier photographs slat armor has installed there.
TopSmith
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2018 - 01:10 AM UTC
Thanks, Vladislav. It sounds like I might need to wait a little longer on the T90 until a version is finalized. I have noticed the Russian army tends to have smaller batches of tanks in any one version verses 2000 of the same model.
 _GOTOTOP