Hosted by Darren Baker
The Kit Fighting all The Way, Mirror CMP C15A
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Armorama: 712 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 07:49 AM UTC
Hi Everyone out there in target land. (I was 21 years in the air force and everything is a target).

About 4 years ago now I moved to Adelaide and was forced to live in my luxurious caravan for about 6 months until we purchased a property down here. Being a little tight on space I brang a number of Mirror Model kits with me. I was one of the first people to buy any sort of model from Libor (BR52 detail set) and have been buying most of their releases since they started manufacturing full kits, but up until then I hadn't actually built one of their models. I started with this very early one, CMP C15A Lorry Van Truck, #35101..

I got a fair bit of it done when I first started but it was hard going as the instructions are some of the worst I have ever used. Parts appear and disappear, most of it is photos.. But enough complaining, let's just say the instructions are rather challenging and not clear.. and there is no illustration of the resin parts unless you go online and downlaod them... sorry again. Here was the state when I reopened the build on Friday..

Since then I have constructed the bed..

.. which is covered in pin towers all over the detailed side.. I didn't touch them as I am afraid I just want to get this one done. Then I started adding more pieces like drive shafts, fuel tanks, steering mechanisms etc etc,,

The drive shafts each consisted of 4 parts, the two long parts of which were butt jointed. It would have been better if one shaft slid into the other like the real drive shaft. The wheels are very nicely detailed resin items..

Another fun bit is that Mirror supplied many of the resin parts in plastic for the resinophobes bit not all of them so some parts you can find on the sprue but no others.

That's it for now. Will see how I go today. At least painting will be simple with everything Olive Drab..

Cheers

Warren
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 05, 2019 - 09:41 PM UTC
Looks good Warren, and quite detailed! Seems it will be ready to paint soon, right?
 _GOTOTOP