_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
News
Bronco: T-34/85
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2019 - 11:22 AM UTC

Yet another T-34 you might say, but this one is at 1/32 scale!

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2019 - 02:22 PM UTC
I still feel this might be a typo on the box art. Has anyone been able to confirm this is an actual move into a new armor scale? Just seems so strange considering the amount of 1/35 kits they already have released.
wowcool
Visit this Community
Solomon Islands
KitMaker: 113 posts
Armorama: 106 posts
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2019 - 07:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I still feel this might be a typo on the box art. Has anyone been able to confirm this is an actual move into a new armor scale? Just seems so strange considering the amount of 1/35 kits they already have released.

Bronco's 1/35 armor kits have the item number written like "CB35***" while this one is "MB32***". 1/32 is a popular wargaming scale.

This kit appears to have simplified engineering and will find its appeal in wargamers. If accurate, well-detailed, cheap and easy to build, it'll blow all the other 1/32 wargaming tanks out of the water. Good expansion strategy on Bronco's part.
DrChopp
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 116 posts
Armorama: 107 posts
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2019 - 08:02 PM UTC
Interesting scale, and subject - and the pic in the corner is a North Korean crew.

Looking forward to more news on this one.
Scouteyes
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 247 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2019 - 10:35 PM UTC
Along with war-gaming and model railroading Gauge 1, 1/32 is a very popular "Toy Soldier" scale, and with highly detailed, mixed media vehicles priced in the hundreds, this kit,along with Monogram's recent reissue of the 1/32 Panzer IV provides a reasonably priced and less fragile alternative.It seems like a simpler kit, and includes stickers as well as decals, so maybe they are also appealing to a younger demographic, who could be intimidated by the parts count, extreme level of detail and the building skill required for most modern kits. 1/32 was a better scale for scale modeling anyway.Easier to see and work with, and there are lots of crossover resources in the toy soldier and railroad hobbies. Many plastic and resin figures advertised as 1/35 are actually 1/32 anyway.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 05, 2019 - 02:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have spoken with Bronco Models and they have confirmed that the scale is 1/32nd.
bots1141
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 318 posts
Armorama: 313 posts
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2019 - 10:48 AM UTC
I was really excited until I saw that it was in 1/32!!!
system
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 364 posts
Armorama: 363 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 04:26 AM UTC
Sprue shots can be see here:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10585150

Hatches are moulded closed, but link and length tracks. I'm still not quite sure who this one is aimed at, but it looks like a decent replica and a quick build.

Takes me back to when I used to buy an Esci tank and build it on a Saturday then paint it and put it on the shelf on Sunday.
Who knows, Bronco might be on to something.
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,099 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2019 - 07:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

1/32 is a popular wargaming scale.

No-one plays war games in a scale like 1/32
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2019 - 10:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

1/32 is a popular wargaming scale.

No-one plays war games in a scale like 1/32

Some people still use the wargaming rules made up by H.G. Wells over a century ago for toy soldier wargaming in 1/32. Lots of others have been doing it too. It is THE toy soldier scale so people do game in it. Section sized actions are usually done. I've seen Advanced Squad Leader played in 1/32 scale. And some gamers bemoaning the fact that all the vehicles were underscale at 1/35.

You really think all those 1/32 figure sets are for little kids going rat-tat-tat on the living room floor? There are also older kids rolling dice on a complete floor battleground.
 _GOTOTOP