_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Merkava 4 questions
KruppCake
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 401 posts
Armorama: 387 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2019 - 10:44 AM UTC
Hello all,

I am planning my build of the Meng Merkava 4 and had some questions:

1) anyone know of a way to make the gun movable?

2) are there any aluminum barrels available for the Merkava?

3) is there a PE (brass) set that would work well with the Meng kit?

Thanks!
Das_Abteilung
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 365 posts
Armorama: 351 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2019 - 11:36 AM UTC
Magic make several brass + resin Merkava barrels including a couple for the IV. The difference is to fit Academy or Hobbyboss kits. They don't do one to fit Meng yet and I don't know which of the current 2 would be the best fit.

I have the Academy-fit version and was planning to adapt it to a Meng IV when I get one.

Likewise I'm hoping that the Eduard etch set for the Academy kit and the Legend filled baskets will fit.

Have you seen the ridiculous price of Meng's own filled baskets??

Desert Eagle do an update set with some etch for the Meng kit but it's pretty expensive too. $50 or so IIRC.
KruppCake
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 401 posts
Armorama: 387 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2019 - 03:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Magic make several brass + resin Merkava barrels including a couple for the IV. The difference is to fit Academy or Hobbyboss kits. They don't do one to fit Meng yet and I don't know which of the current 2 would be the best fit.

I have the Academy-fit version and was planning to adapt it to a Meng IV when I get one.

Likewise I'm hoping that the Eduard etch set for the Academy kit and the Legend filled baskets will fit.

Have you seen the ridiculous price of Meng's own filled baskets??

Desert Eagle do an update set with some etch for the Meng kit but it's pretty expensive too. $50 or so IIRC.

Ah it seems I may be out of luck for an upgrade set then. And you’re correct about the Meng baskets being extremely expensive. I get most of my hobby stuff on eBay, and I think the baskets have been going for about $80.

How reasonable of a fit would the Academy update set be on the Meng kit? I’m still trying to MacGyver (sic?) a way for the barrel to be movable.
 _GOTOTOP