Pzh 2000 tool colors
JimboHUN
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 461 posts
Armorama: 443 posts
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2019 - 06:23 AM UTC
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone could help me on this... I am having a hard time with identifying the proper colors to use for the tools on my German Pzh 2000.

The Meng instructions specify Russian Green for all metal surfaces, and wood for the wooden handles.

Would this be correct? On my photos most of the tools are off anyway...

Thank you.

Adam
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2019 - 08:08 AM UTC
There are some pics here that may help. From what I can see, there is one that has the shovel handle in wood and another that looks like the handle is painted a dark green.
https://www.net-maquettes.com/pictures/panzerhaubitze-2000-walk/
JimboHUN
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2019 - 05:31 AM UTC
Thanks, thes are a bit far but I will keep looking thank you.
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2019 - 10:32 AM UTC
Bundeswehr vehicles typically have natural wood handles and NATO green metal components when they are new. This has occurred for decades and decades.

Crews paint and repaint the tools and sometimes paint over the wooden portions to blend them in with the camouflage.

NATO green or a modern Russian green should be fine with weathering laid over top of the base colours.
guni-kid
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 521 posts
Armorama: 514 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2019 - 09:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Bundeswehr vehicles typically have natural wood handles and NATO green metal components when they are new. This has occurred for decades and decades.

Crews paint and repaint the tools and sometimes paint over the wooden portions to blend them in with the camouflage.

NATO green or a modern Russian green should be fine with weathering laid over top of the base colours.

Having served my time at Bundeswehr and being a crew member of a Leopard 1A5 (yes, its been a while since then...) I can just second that!
JimboHUN
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2019 - 10:16 PM UTC
Hi,

Thank you both, I am wondering if this would apply to the vehicles in Afghanistan too? As these were repainted in desert camo, but all my photos show the vehicles without tools to begin with (yes, I should have left them off but now it is too late... )

Thanks,

Adam
 _GOTOTOP