Hosted by Darren Baker
M2A2 OIF
frogstudio
Visit this Community
Argentina
KitMaker: 179 posts
Armorama: 169 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 03:33 PM UTC
Hi!!! just wanted to share with you some of the models I made durin 2018. Hope you like them and as always, kind criticism is welcomed!

HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2019 - 01:32 AM UTC
Good job on it. The side racks came out very nicely. It is a little dated though and not really an OIF M2A2. It does not have any of the upgrades that were made following Opeartion Desert Storm (ODS). These upgraded Bradleys were known as M2A2 ODS versions. They included a fluted barrel, some new armor panels, rearranged tool placement, new gunner's sight box, new exhaust outlet box, etc., etc., etc. The tracks are the older triangle block pattern that were replaced in the mid-'90s as well.

There is a great article by our own Vodnik that details what to add/change to bring the older Tamiya M2A2 up to M2A2 ODS standards.

M2A2 Update and Correction Article

Also, some of these updates are included in the newer Tamiya M2A2 ODS kit.
frogstudio
Visit this Community
Argentina
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2019 - 04:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Good job on it. The side racks came out very nicely. It is a little dated though and not really an OIF M2A2. It does not have any of the upgrades that were made following Opeartion Desert Storm (ODS). These upgraded Bradleys were known as M2A2 ODS versions. They included a fluted barrel, some new armor panels, rearranged tool placement, new gunner's sight box, new exhaust outlet box, etc., etc., etc. The tracks are the older triangle block pattern that were replaced in the mid-'90s as well.

There is a great article by our own Vodnik that details what to add/change to bring the older Tamiya M2A2 up to M2A2 ODS standards.

M2A2 Update and Correction Article

Also, some of these updates are included in the newer Tamiya M2A2 ODS kit.

I tried to followed Votdniks article and tried to modify waht I understood. De exhaust wa rebuilt in scratch, addes de armour and rivets over the troops hatch and changed the tracks to the square ones. Thought the only ones I was missinf were the flutted barrel and de small post on the side of the drivers hatch used to deflect cabels...
windysean
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,917 posts
Armorama: 735 posts
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2019 - 04:22 AM UTC
Wow! The dust effects and paint tones make it great. Nicely done model!
-Sean
frogstudio
Visit this Community
Argentina
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2019 - 04:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow! The dust effects and paint tones make it great. Nicely done model!
-Sean

Many thanks Sean!
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2019 - 09:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I tried to followed Votdniks article and tried to modify waht I understood. De exhaust wa rebuilt in scratch, addes de armour and rivets over the troops hatch and changed the tracks to the square ones. Thought the only ones I was missinf were the flutted barrel and de small post on the side of the drivers hatch used to deflect cabels...

Looking closer, I do see you made some of the changes/updates and changed the tracks. Good job.
GulfWarrior
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,051 posts
Armorama: 1,029 posts
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2019 - 10:01 AM UTC
Where / How did you find / make the concertina wire? I'm going to be in need of a LOT of that for my M1 ABV dio.

Kenaicop
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,426 posts
Armorama: 1,316 posts
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2019 - 12:09 PM UTC
Eduard makes nice razor wire. Just by anealing it tones the color down making it look more realistic and it roles up nice just like the kit above

http://bbshobbies.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/original-53.jpeg
frogstudio
Visit this Community
Argentina
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2019 - 01:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Where / How did you find / make the concertina wire? I'm going to be in need of a LOT of that for my M1 ABV dio.

Hi! I made it myself using a really thin wire. The first time I tried it took ages... then it went faster. Basically, you first twits two strands of wire tigthly. Then you take another strand ow wire and every 5mm make a couple of twists arround the wires tyu twisted in the first plave. You will end up with your first two wires with lots of "D" of wire. Add some superglue in the places wereyour "Ds" meet your first two wires and then cut off the Ds to make the spikes. Hope it doesn't sound so confusing! Cheers!
 _GOTOTOP