_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
AGE Closing Date is March 31, 2004
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 04:27 AM UTC
AGE participants, please note that this Wednesday, March 31, 2004, is the closing date for the 1st ever Armorama Apprentice Group Build aka A.G.E. campaign.

A couple of information items for you.

(1) Merlin has set up a folder for AGE participants to post pictures of their COMPLETED models. The pictures you post in this gallery will be viewed by the Armorama general membership who will vote for their favorite AGE model. Please limit your pictures to 4 views of your completed model. If you want to post less than 4 pictures, that is fine also. Here is the link to the AGE gallery. Click on the AGE Campaign #1 to post. Make sure when you post your pics, that you include your Armorama name in the description so the membership can keep track of who, built what (hehe)
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/photos/showgallery.php?cat=12735&password=

(2) Flitzer has designed some pretty cool medals/ribbons for participants in the AGE campaign. Take a look at his 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medals, and the general participant medals designs on the link below. Staff Jim will add these medals to the profile page of all AGE participants who successfully complete a model by the March 31st closing date.
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/27267&page=1

Staff Jim will be setting up a vote mechanism similar to the UOM process for voting on your models in April.

If you have any questions about the AGE campaign, you can contact the DI's or TI listed on the Campaign page, or respond to this thread.

Good luck on finishing up your AGE submissions, and we all look forward to seeing your models. Thanks for participating.

Steve
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Armorama: 2,283 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 04:41 AM UTC
Can I send a low res pic of the finished model and then update it with another hi-res pic to show I've finished the kit? I don't have a good indirect light here in my house and I usually go home late. I'll change the same photos the the next morning.

BTW, 4 pictures? How will I show the entire interior? I've photographed them as sections. Adding the canopy will obstruct most of the details.
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 05:20 AM UTC
Shonen

Regarding your low/high resolution comment---that is up to you, --i.e. by the time Jim sets up the voting mechanism you'll want to be comfortable that the gallery includes the photos you want the membership to see when they are voting.

Regarding 4 pics--overall if the AGE participants feel that number is too limiting, the number of pics can certainly be raised from 4.

The intent behind 4 was to provide an overhead, front, rear, and side view of the submission.

A balance has to be maintained for the viewing membership while voting. There are 25 participants in the AGE campaign at this time. If each participants post 4 pic's, that's a 100 photos for voters to look through prior to voting. Some voters may enjoy looking at that many pics, others may not. These thoughts were the basis for picking 4 views of each model.

However if this becomes an issue, it can be discussed by the Campaign officers and general A Guard membership for a decision.

Thanks for your comments.
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,055 posts
Armorama: 530 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 01:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Staff Jim will be setting up a vote mechanism similar to the UOM process for voting on your models in April.

So anyone can vote? Thanks for your time.
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 11:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

So anyone can vote?

Yes, that is my understanding.

Steve
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
Armorama: 727 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 03:45 PM UTC
Questions:

I am moving, and our internet will be reconnected April 2. Should I post my pics now?

I tried to post in my gallery before and it didn't work. So How do I post in this campaign gallery?

Thanks!

~Chip :-)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Armorama: 2,283 posts
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2004 - 09:16 PM UTC
Shonen Red's entry is now finished

SBD-3 pic 1
SBD-3 pic 2
SBD-3 pic 3
SBD-3 pic 4
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 02:48 AM UTC
Another reminder to AGE participants.

Today is March 31st, the closing date for the Campaign. Hopefully all participants have completed, or will complete their models today, and have enjoyed the experience.

Staff Jim will be setting up a voting mechanism similar to the UOM process for the general site membership to vote on their favorite AGE models.

Thanks for participating.

Steve
Pnzr-Cmdr
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 483 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 10:35 AM UTC
whoaaaaaaa totally forgot.. taking a few pics now. will load up ASAP..
Pnzr-Cmdr
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 483 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 11:29 AM UTC
of course i don't read the whole post before posting pics.. i posted 12 in the folder.. now i gotta delete 8 and keep 4.. hmm.. which ones?? how about these?

hope you enjoy

the other 8 are in my gallery
 _GOTOTOP