Hosted by Darren Baker
Bandvagn BV206S
obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 - 04:23 AM UTC
Has anyone else built Takom's Bandvagn? I read a couple build reviews which indicate that the tracks are really stiff to work with, which in turn causes a problem attaching them because the suspension is pretty fiddly & weak. They also suggest building/painting the two units separately & hooking them together as a later step. Just curious if anyone else has found this, as I was thinking this kit, plus a few Stalker figures would make for an interesting post-apocalypse diorama.
AKirchhoff
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 307 posts
Armorama: 304 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 - 05:43 AM UTC
hi!
Have not built it, have it on order. You might be interested in the wheels/tracks from djiti productions of France, which look really nice.

http://djiti.production.free.fr/35086.htm

Andreas
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 - 11:17 PM UTC
The rubber tracks are designed to fit around the pre-assembled running gear. The running gear is fairly delicate so you do need to take care as the tracks are quite tight. I managed to get them all pulled together around the running gear without breaking anything though- they held up much better than I thought they would. The only trouble I had was with a drive shaft that snapped but this was fitted to the rear module and had nothing to do with the tracks. It was easily fixed too. There is no need I could see to paint the tracks either as they appear to be, on the real thing, a very thick and robust rubber- they do not appear to be the typical tracks you might find on a tank. I just gave them some coats of pigments to match the weathering I went for.

Hope this helps you out.
obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - 02:13 AM UTC
Thanks to Andreas and Karl for the info. That set from Djiti does look pretty good. Guess I'll get busy ordering stuff now.
 _GOTOTOP