Hosted by Darren Baker
Thank you Takom, for the Bergepanzer 2
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - 07:08 AM UTC
As seen at another website, Takom to do this engineering vehicle this year in 1/30th scale. Great news.
19sam68
Visit this Community
Utrecht, Netherlands
KitMaker: 124 posts
Armorama: 124 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - 07:15 AM UTC
Don't know why Track-link can't be mentioned but it's on their facebook page also :

https://www.facebook.com/TAKOM-354803674728188/

Grz,

Sam.
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - 08:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Don't know why Track-link can't be mentioned but it's on their facebook page also :
Grz,

Sam.

Ah, because it was not Track-link I was referencing, but no matter. The kit is the news here, not the source.

Think of the possibilities, and that other manufacturers may also release engineering vehicles, too.

Grz,

Kylie
system
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 364 posts
Armorama: 363 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - 08:49 AM UTC
In related news: Something I noticed - and it's hard to make out from the low-res box image - but does HobbyBoss' forthcoming Leopard C2 come with a full powerpack?

RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - 08:56 AM UTC
Phew, lucky me!
I had been thinking about buying a resin kit ..... and it had interior parts which I was not really interested in ...

/ Robin
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2019 - 02:17 PM UTC
Have always wanted to do an Australian AS1 - ARVM (as we refer to them) and was put of by the cost of all the various Resin ones etc. When I saw this iwas initially excited then saddened when i saw the "2" designation not realising that the "2" was not referring to the Leopard 2 ARV but the leo 1 ARV.

great news
Al
chnoone
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Europe, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Armorama: 1,033 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2019 - 08:58 PM UTC
Since I don't have any issues/problems building resin kits, I do see that many modelers welcome this plastic kit.
The announced BergePz 2 is the initial version .... so the "Olive-Camo" option will also enhance the sales I believe .... though the A2 version is the more actual/interesting one.
I wonder at what price-range TAKOM is going to place this kit .... looking at the price tags of some plastic kits today they are almost on par with resin kits.
TAKOM will surely exploit this avenue with future variants .... but I don't see the BergePz 3 (Leopard 2 chassis) coming from them ....
MENG being the more obvious candidate for that one.
Although it was about time some manufacturer tackled this neglected field of "modern recovery/engineering platforms" .... I am quite skeptical if we will see any real "fast" progress/expansion in the near future.
As with all new alternatives, I myself, have to see a big improvement over "entrusted" options on hand since the painting and overall finish is my main focus ... despite plastic or resin in this case.
Overall this kit will be very welcome by many modelers and it's a good step in the right direction ... although I wished TAKOM would have continued their path with the excellent LUCHS moving toward a really good BOXER and/or FUCHS kit.

Cheers
Christopher
covkid
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 252 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2019 - 05:41 AM UTC
Woohoo, best news od the year so far.

Regarda Jason
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2019 - 06:57 AM UTC
Hi;

Trumpeter & Miniart have already announced ARVs with Trumpy's BREM-1 and Miniart with there T-55 !! So lets Hope that maybe Ming,Hobby Boss and Takom will offer ARVs in the Future !!!!!!! Now you still can get the all resin kit of the T-72 based ARV from Panzer/shop for Big Bucks !!

CHEERS; MIKE.
 _GOTOTOP