_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
esci/ertl T72 plastic surgery donations
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 667 posts
Armorama: 639 posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 - 01:25 AM UTC
since tams T72 has the wrong side armor for a ural, tho some may have had them, will esci's strip along the fenders fit?. might even have to take the front/rear fender ends. thx
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 - 01:46 AM UTC
Esci's kit is underscale all the way around so I doubt it would fit all the way.
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 - 02:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Esci's kit is underscale all the way around so I doubt it would fit all the way.

that's not surprising considering just how bad it is. guess it'll have to be lead foil or something like
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 - 02:18 AM UTC
Hi;

FYI; Yes they will fit !!! As I have used them on my T-72 conversions ! And you can cut the Tamiya Side Skirts and modify them around the Exhaust port on the left !
I also kit Bashed four SKIFF T-64s just to use the Gill Armor !!! Now that's what you call MADNESS !

CHEERS; MIKE.
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 - 09:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi;

FYI; Yes they will fit !!! As I have used them on my T-72 conversions ! And you can cut the Tamiya Side Skirts and modify them around the Exhaust port on the left !
I also kit Bashed four SKIFF T-64s just to use the Gill Armor !!! Now that's what you call MADNESS !

CHEERS; MIKE.

might've known you've done something like this lol one thing I noticed about the strips in question is they're at a 90deg downward angle while the actual part I've seen in pix it's more flared out from the fenders
 _GOTOTOP