Hosted by Darren Baker
Kingfisher Miniatures Query ...
pbennett
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 464 posts
Armorama: 412 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 - 08:23 AM UTC
For some time now, I have been trying to contact Alistair Logan at Kingfisher Miniatures, without success. Despite sending letters and e-mails, there has been no response whatsoever. I wonder whether he is still in business. Unfortunately, I do not have a telephone number ... any ideas?
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 - 09:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

For some time now, I have been trying to contact Alistair Logan at Kingfisher Miniatures, without success. Despite sending letters and e-mails, there has been no response whatsoever. I wonder whether he is still in business. Unfortunately, I do not have a telephone number ... any ideas?

Hi, Paul!

What is it that you're trying to obtain from KINGFISHER MINIATURES..?

I've gone on line and found this site, via "GOOGLE":

www.kingfisherminiatures.co.uk

I was able to access their entire product line. They have a "Copyright 2019" at the bottom left of their Home Page, and their "currency" window at the upper right seems to be fully operable. By this, I can only ASSUME that they are still in business, but I'm not PROMISING ANYTHING; give it a try...

Hope this helps...
pbennett
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 - 10:42 AM UTC
Yes, I'm familiar with their website, and have purchased items from Alistair before. There are several items that I need, but they appear as 'out of stock'. I was simply trying to find out how soon it would be before they were available again. Oddly, I've had no response following e-mails and letters, and with no telephone number, I'm unable to get an answer.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 - 10:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes, I'm familiar with their website, and have purchased items from Alistair before. There are several items that I need, but they appear as 'out of stock'. I was simply trying to find out how soon it would be before they were available again. Oddly, I've had no response following e-mails and letters, and with no telephone number, I'm unable to get an answer.

Do they have a special "Contact US" window anywhere on their "Home Page"..? Sorry, I didn't look. Or maybe they just don't like to answer any "fan mail". Stranger things have happened. Many of the Asian hobby manufacturers don't answer their "fan mail" for one reason or another, either...

It seems to me that if KINGFISHER MINIATURES wanted to stay in business, they should want to answer their customers' queries. On the other hand, Alistair may not be answering your e-mails and letters because he may not be able to do so. I couldn't answer a ton of correspondence on my computer last Spring & Summer, because I was in hospital and "re-habs" from 25 April until 31 September of 2018. I had no access to any "in house" computers while I was confined...

pbennett
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 - 11:29 AM UTC
Yes, very odd.
I e-mailed both from my Outlook contact list, and via their 'Contact Us' facility. Oh well, I'll just keep trying.

Thanks for your help.
Chillidragon
KitMaker: 104 posts
Armorama: 70 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 - 01:21 PM UTC
I recently received some castings, having waited for a while for some to reappear on the site. Kingfisher do not have an advance order policy - at least that I could access - and seem to cast batches of products sporadically. But everything I received was well worth waiting and watching for. Now watching for some more!
 _GOTOTOP