_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
M35A2 & Fuel cells - update
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 - 10:45 PM UTC
OK. Three months since you heard from my fuel cells project.

Previous posts : https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/368&page=1

I've been very busy with a great many things (mostly my job ), but here's a few pics of the situation I achieved till today. I'll keep you updated on the progress.

This is the final target (not the truck, only the cells. They will be placed on the already scratchbuilt M35A2)

Here's the truck with the two naked fuel cells in the back, just to try them for size. Of course, many details need to be added. The cell was first made in styrene, putty and resin, and then two identical resin copies were made.

This is the fuel pump installation. Here also, there's still work to be done. One part of the pump still needs to be made, and all hoses have to be added to connect all parts to eachother. Mmm. That may take another month or so...
The hose reels were resin copied from an original I made from styrene, the hoses are electric wire sheeting (I removed the hard copper content), the yellowish part is colored resin copy of a metal rod of the correct size, ...

This is a detail of the fuel nozzle and one of the hose reels. It had to make three nozzles before I was happy with the result. With this back-lighting it almost looks like the real thing. The rounded parts at the top are.... my fingers.

I'll keep you posted on all progress.

Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 - 11:10 PM UTC
Jan, your work is simply amazing! I marvel at how you take some reference photos and create a likeness out of resin and plastic. Is your deuce in 1/35 or one of your larger scales?

That 5 ton TPU brings back memories of when my tank platoon was cross attached to an infantry company still equipped with M113A2s. I remember commenting that there was about enough fuel for two of my tanks, but not all four. The look on the company commander's face was priceless, since that fuel was supposed to be for the entire company.
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 876 posts
Armorama: 606 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2002 - 01:45 AM UTC
What can one say, simply marvelous. This is a back burner project for me, can't wait to see the end product.

Josh Weingarten
aKa Shiryon
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2002 - 02:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Is your deuce in 1/35 or one of your larger scales?

Like most things I did lately, it's 1/16. But I strongly consider scratchbuilding the same on 1/35 when this one is doen.
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2002 - 06:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jan, your work is simply amazing

My silence expresses the deepest respect for such craftsmanship !

Just one word.....TOPS !
cdave
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 545 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2002 - 10:19 AM UTC
Col.

EXCELLENT PROGRESS, Sir!

Hey dude, this looks realy cool. Sorta gets me thinking about doing my WWII Studie with fuel cells.

Well, when the T-34 and SU's stop, perhaps.

Dave
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2002 - 01:29 AM UTC
Whoa! That is some of the best workmanship I have ever seen. Absolutely great work
DJ
 _GOTOTOP