_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Airborne Miniatures: US Army Helicopter Crewman Bust
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2019 - 08:28 AM UTC

I know we don't usually post busts as news on Armorama, but I wanted to get this one to a larger audience. Check out this amazing large scale sculpt from Airborne Miniatures.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2019 - 09:09 AM UTC
Sublime painting, that helmet patch really looks like fabric. Beautiful sculpture, too. Love the subject, even with a mole on the cheek!
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2019 - 11:12 AM UTC
Amazing stuff! You can really see the advantage in using a larger scale here where detail simply impossible in smaller scale is finally eye-openingly possible. Personally the skull jawbone on the mask is silly as being low-vis is the idea if you want to survive your first insertion. In the real world the colourful cards are also eye-catching in a poseur way.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2019 - 07:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I know we don't usually post busts as news on Armorama, but I wanted to get this one to a larger audience. Check out this amazing large scale sculpt from Airborne Miniatures.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

WOW!!! BEAUTIFULLY sculpted, cast and painted! I however, never go bigger than 120mm in my figure modeling, but for the people that do, THIS would be excellent subject matter!!!
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2019 - 03:12 AM UTC
Looks pretty nice. The sculpting is really good. Colors are a little off on the sample though. The HGU-56P helmet is usually dark green. The NOMEX flying gloves are usually medium green w/grey leather palms and insides of the fingers.

Quoted Text

Personally the skull jawbone on the mask is silly as being low-vis is the idea if you want to survive your first insertion. In the real world the colourful cards are also eye-catching in a poseur way.

The painted maxillofacial shield is common, as are the colored helmet patches.

18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2019 - 04:18 AM UTC
Methinks someone does not understand the concept of esprit de corps.
Zvierboi
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 56 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2019 - 12:07 PM UTC
Great topic and about time. The level of detail looks fantastic. As cool as the maximal face shield looks painted up, it is not authorized per regulation. Don’t want to ruin anyone’s fun or stifle your artistic license but as a standards instructor and a Black Hawk crew member, anyone that paints up their helmet without guidance from the ALSE shop would find themselves in hot water.
 _GOTOTOP