_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
SOGA: Fallschirmjaegers in Progress
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2019 - 08:31 AM UTC

Dmitri Baev from SOGA Miniatures announced two 1/35 scale sets of German Fallschirmjaegers the company is working on. Check them out, the figure sculpting is outstanding.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
maartenboersma
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 764 posts
Armorama: 742 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2019 - 08:38 AM UTC
Yes please !
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2019 - 09:45 AM UTC
Superb grouping.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2019 - 07:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Superb grouping.

Yes, both sets look great! From their looks, the first group looks like they would have belonged to "Ramcke's Brigade"... Bill?

The second grouping look a leeetle bit more versatile, in that their Uniforms and gear make them eligible for any vignette up to, and including their "Kreta" debacle... Yes..?
SmallSoldier
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 93 posts
Armorama: 91 posts
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2019 - 05:38 AM UTC
very nice!
Yankasippi
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2019 - 06:12 AM UTC
Dmitri once told me, when I contacted him to congratulate him on some of his figures, that in Russia they thought of him as kind of a kid... maybe he meant inexperienced or not good enough, but I have kept up with him and man, is he developing into a major world wide competitor in sculpting! The tank riders and the sleeping German soldiers in the 251D started showing that is is completely different now than he was 5 years ago, and this new work in progress is fantastic! Looks as good as AC Models, in fact, I thought that is what they were at first! Terrific work, Dmitri, and thanks for the fresh faces on your figures, not like yours before, and not like many of the other Russian figures which are apparently done by the same sculptor!
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2019 - 09:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dmitri once told me, when I contacted him to congratulate him on some of his figures, that in Russia they thought of him as kind of a kid... maybe he meant inexperienced or not good enough, but I have kept up with him and man, is he developing into a major world wide competitor in sculpting! The tank riders and the sleeping German soldiers in the 251D started showing that is is completely different now than he was 5 years ago, and this new work in progress is fantastic! Looks as good as AC Models, in fact, I thought that is what they were at first! Terrific work, Dmitri, and thanks for the fresh faces on your figures, not like yours before, and not like many of the other Russian figures which are apparently done by the same sculptor!

I think these look better than AC models figures. In fact I don't rate AC Model figures sculpting. His grouping, poses are dynamic and look good from a creative point of view but the finished figures look rough, out of proportion, like the hands too big, heads too small, and rough in finish. Added to which the faces all look very similar.
Nate_W
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 395 posts
Armorama: 391 posts
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2019 - 03:49 PM UTC
Incredible 1:35 sculpting. They have that X factor that makes them feel like actual soldiers which is difficult in this scale.
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 - 10:07 AM UTC
Just need a Junkers now in 1:35 to go with them....!
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 - 11:45 AM UTC
What a tremendous grouping of a dozen paras! Yes, a JU would be terrific though the dio would be freakishly large...maybe just a section of the side door made by someone like Black Dog?
SpeedyJ
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
KitMaker: 1,617 posts
Armorama: 1,150 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 02:55 AM UTC
Bookmarked their site. Just quality products what I see.
I love the fact that they group the figures. Looking for soldiers in a group having interaction, standing, waiting, talking, etc. is very hard to find. But that's what's interesting for dioramas IMHO.
Look at pictures from the archives, there were lots of relaxing soldiers, not wounded, tired, exhausted, etc. Just people.
I think they have a niche when they continue creating those scenes.

Kind regards,

Robert Jan
timcc2008
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 139 posts
Armorama: 135 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 05:36 AM UTC
These are very nicely done figures and I would love to get my hands on various ones that I have looked at on the internet.

However I cannot find anyone in the United States that sells them, maybe I am just looking wrong. Anyone have any ideas?

vr
Tim
ml-fin
Visit this Community
Finland
KitMaker: 37 posts
Armorama: 37 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 09:31 AM UTC
I thought that they were going to make more FLAK crews for bigger guns like 37mm and 88mm. But anyway these are just so good looking figures that sure i am interested in them too. Hmmm where to get enough money...
Dmitri
Visit this Community
Russia
KitMaker: 179 posts
Armorama: 73 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 04:13 AM UTC
Dear friends, thank you for your comments and kind words addressed to our sculptor and project. It pleases us and stimulates for further work.
Set the team of the Ramke it is intended only for the tropical region. There are some characteristic elements of the uniform. Of course there will be kits for both Normandy and Crete, and Italy-Sicily. Set with Fallschirmjaegers on vacation will be 100%. It takes only time to sculpt.
in the US, for as much as one dealer http://www.milminwh.com. We actively offer our products to other American shops, but so far there is no answer.
 _GOTOTOP