_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Centurion 105mm L7
AVRE165
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 181 posts
Armorama: 145 posts
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2004 - 10:32 AM UTC
hi

posted some dimensions of a 105mm L7 fitted to a Mk 12 Centurion

also some old model pictures.
check my Gallery!
ossie

EDIT: Ossie - I inserted a photo of your very nice model into this post. Show it off - this is great looking work! ~ Gunnie
Havoc
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2004 - 10:40 AM UTC
Good stuff, Ossie!

Hey, what companie's conversions are you using to Aussie-ize your Centurions? And what basic kit are you starting with, the Tamiya, or Academy kit...?

Lastly, a question for the Centurion expert: do you have any photos of the inside of the Commander's hatch...? I am trying to find out exactly where the grab handle is located!

Thanks, Ossie! Great work!!!

Aloha,

Johnny B.
Tony_Frey
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 272 posts
Armorama: 142 posts
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2004 - 10:42 AM UTC
Great pics, your dozer is looking excellent. Thanks for sharing.
AVRE165
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 09:11 AM UTC
hi
to answer your questions.

it is the Accurate Armours Tank Dozer kit & fuel tank & Flui Track. even though i have all the etch brass sets. i have scratch built the trackgurads in brass & soldered them up.
this will be 169071 centurion Dozer.

referance commanders Hatch check my gallery i am about to up load what you want let me know if there is any thing else.
i will change them as i get close to my limit.

ossie
Havoc
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 07:23 PM UTC
Thanks, Ossie!!!

You are truly the Centurionmaster! Great photos and awesome work! Much appreciated!

Aloha

Johnny B
AVRE165
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 06:09 AM UTC
hi

thank you for your kind comments. did you see the Centurion Ark in my gallery.
ossie
Havoc
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, April 02, 2004 - 10:12 AM UTC
Heya, Ossie,

I didn't see the Centurion Ark --- what page was it on in your gallery...? As to your Cent Dozer, what are you using for the Star Picket re-enforcements on the sponson storage boxes...?

Also, any idea where we can find a listing of Shadoworks products...? Just curious. Do you like theirs more than you like Legends Aussie VN conversion...?

Thanks again, Ossie! GREAT work!

Aloha,

Johnny B
AVRE165
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 08:23 AM UTC
hi
I had a good teacher by the name of John Tassel you would probably know him has the original Sovereign range & Lasset Figures.
i once saw him put scaled armour on a Figure each scale separate with a 75 watt soldering iron hooked up to a light Dimmer switch.

Trick is WOOD.
To do the round bits on the bins I put a drill bit in a grove in a piece of hard wood then using two more pieces formed the very thin brass over.
Sham I NAFFED up the cutting of them.

Track guards
I cut the strips in brass then I soldered the Angle iron on the end of its length again I used wood to straighten out the brass, trimmed with my 1inch file (using bakers’ fluid & silver solder.)
Then I marked where the supports were to go & soldered them on. I cheated here because I used angle & I beams to the correct s height then filed them down, same with the front. I had to Glue this to the model.

this is my Centurion Model ARK i built this in 1980 for the 1981 Model Engineer Show where it won. it now resides in Germany.
https://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/500/1836CNV00004-thumb.jpg

Legends
I saw on Thursday for the first time the Legends Centurion Conversion Kit. It is designed to fit the model craft or Tamiya 1/35 scale kit. I am not going to say exactly what I think.
But the major fault is that the turret does not turn. You need to fit the cut outs on the sides & reshape the front turret & side turret points. It then will turn.

http://tanxheaven.com/cent/fv4011mk3/dot%203013.jpg

https://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/500/1836DSCN0675.jpg

https://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/500/1836DSCN0711.jpg

These are what you need to do to make the turret turn.

Sorry can not comment on Shadow kits?

Check my Gallery page 2 for the ARK & 3 for turret pictures.

ossie
Sandbox
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 350 posts
Armorama: 158 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 08:18 AM UTC
I have just received my Accurate Armour Centurion Mk 11. Everything looks good except a couple of missing parts and the solid tracks. Should I too look for Fruimodel(sp) tracks or try to bend these solid ones? This is my first resin kit.
AVRE165
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, April 09, 2004 - 10:31 AM UTC
hi
Right it is up to you of course. The reason I went for the Flui track is I supplied the measurements; the tank on the box is a MK 12 Artillery OP. You have two options. AA or Flui
AA sprocket is right Diameter but won’t take flui track.
I would go Flui.

If you get stuck or unsure then Email me at [email protected]
I will then help.
I have everything but the kitchen sink on Centurions.

Only one thing to change on the kit. Let me know when you get to the Dust deflector. Have a look at mine in my Gallery. Reason was so they could tow fuel mono trailers which all Centurions could.

Mk 11 is a rare tank. A lot of them were fitted with 100 gallon rear bolt on fuel tanks in UK

Could also build a Canadian, it is same again just add new aerials basically.
With slight changes you can build: - Australian, Demark, Dutch, Strv 102

British Colours.
British bronze green. Except there was a time when Four tone was used and yes it was on a Mk 11 but it had a 100 gallon fuel tank.

Advice clean the bits off as required, build in stages, ie build the basic Hull including Suspension. Make sure you get them level + air bubbles, fill with Super Glue & Baking Power then file down.
Add turret basic then once basic shape is down then detail . if you use AA then do it at this point.

MAKE SURE YOU USE A MASK WHEN SAWING ETC RESIN.

If you want to super detail then ask. In which case think about the Eduard Etch Brass as well.

Have fun all I have seen come out to a nice kit.

I am using a K73 TD Mk5/2 Tank Dozer + some Mk 11 Bits. + scratching loads of bits.

If I can help Just ask, if I can I will
Ossie

_GOTOTOP