_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Rye field figures
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 02:49 AM UTC
Just looked at the price of them new resin figures coming out by Rye field.
R.R.P wait for it.......
£54.99 or $72
Absolutely disgusting price.

That works out to about £18 per figure and I could buy Stalingrad or Alpine miniatures for £10 per figure.
americanpanzer
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 542 posts
Armorama: 539 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 03:08 AM UTC
Ouch!! yeah, I agree; a bit too much;
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 04:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

R.R.P wait for it.......
£54.99 or $72

That works out to about £18 per figure and I could buy Stalingrad or Alpine miniatures for £10 per figure.

Hello, Karl!

Welcome to the 21st Century!

But you're absolutely right! For THAT price, RYE FIELD can stuff their figures!!!
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 04:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

R.R.P wait for it.......
£54.99 or $72

Hello, Karl!

But you're absolutely right! For THAT price, RYE FIELD can stuff their figures!!!

Have you guys seen the prices of Hobby Fan figures? That's why I don't own any! But as far as figures go, I note resin figures are always more expensive than plastic, hands down (I'm cheap--that's why I always buy plastic!).
VR, Russ
Tank1812
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 886 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 04:50 AM UTC
I would shop around.

BNA World has US$51.03; €43.80.

They do appear to be some nice resin figures, if German tankers are your thing.
Tojo72
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 04:52 AM UTC
Maybe you get a free tank with the figure.
Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,526 posts
Armorama: 1,294 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 05:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

R.R.P wait for it.......
£54.99 or $72

Hello, Karl!

Puhaha! I agree. Up to their @ $$~. At that price, you can get some more [several] Alpine resin figures.
obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 07:08 AM UTC
Using Karl's numbers, that makes 'em about $24 each! For that amount, they oughta be made of onobtanium. On top of that, it's more Germans. Unless they're a gift, no thanks!
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 07:14 AM UTC
Hi

Unless you are buying second hand on Ebay, or even worse recast knock offs then I doubt you'll get genuine Alpine figures for £10 each. Currently running at around £14 each retail on average. Stalingrad's can be a bit cheaper but only those on offer drop below £10.

Whilst I think £18 is slightly on the high side it isn't outrageous. Andrea charges 19 euros for their figures, plus delivery
https://www.andreaeurope.com/en/11/eisernes-kreuz/662/eisernes-kreuz-135.html

Prices are creeping up.
dhines
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 407 posts
Armorama: 373 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 09:52 AM UTC
I remember cringing when paying $10 for a not so anatomic Verlinden figure almost 20 yrs ago. There is no doubt that Alpine and Stalingrad. etc are the very best that money can buy, but also have become too pricey for a lot of average modellers.I like to use mainly plastic figures with aftermarket resin heads, even though resin replacements are also pricey. Another effect of the cost is to encourage counterfeiters to peddle their wares to the unsuspecting modeller trying to stretch his budget. Ah the good old days...........
Tank1812
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 03:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi

Unless you are buying second hand on Ebay, or even worse recast knock offs then I doubt you'll get genuine Alpine figures for £10 each. Currently running at around £14 each retail on average. Stalingrad's can be a bit cheaper but only those on offer drop below £10.

Whilst I think £18 is slightly on the high side it isn't outrageous. Andrea charges 19 euros for their figures, plus delivery

Prices are creeping up.

Thanks for the Andrea link been meaning to get the Purple Heart series Marine.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 04:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I would shop around.

That is STILL TOO MUCH MONEY! What are they made of, platinum..?
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 04:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi

Prices are creeping up.

Hi, Alan! I agree that ALPINE Figures tend to be a bit dear, however, you might want to try ebay, U.S version... I got some good pricing for ALPINE Figures but admittedly, it was couple of years ago. I bought a bunch of the US Modern Tankers and WWII GIs- Wish ALPINE would do some WWII GIs in "Summer, 1944" attire, though...
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 04:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Maybe you get a free tank with the figure.

Armorsmith
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,000 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 04:26 AM UTC
I suspect that they priced them according to what they thought the market will bear. If sales are poor they will likely cone down significantly in price or go out of existence.
Tank1812
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 04:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I would shop around.

Yes and no. If they are making there own resin figures they are trying to sort out the price structure or maybe more likely it was farmed out and they are passing along the cost. Either way, those that really want it are going to find a way to get them regardless of cost. For me personally, I wouldn't send that kinda of money but its more on the content issue then a cost issue in this case. The Andrea figures I just bought where more per figure and from what I have seen they are inline with resin figures on a per figure cost but I get not wanting to spend that much money.
ardoe
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 14 posts
Armorama: 13 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 01:41 AM UTC
Look at aliexpress - they offer those figures for $ 48,-
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 03:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Aliexprees is a web site full of scumbag thieves who recast genuine manufacturers figures and should be excluded from recommendation on this site.

Aliexpress sells rip off recasts and anyone who wants to see genuine figure manufacturers continue in business should not buy from the scumbags who recast and sell counterfeit figures on Aliexpress or Ebay.

alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 03:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I would shop around.

I'd check around the genuine manufacturers and their distributors web pages and I think you'll find most figures are close to the price of these nowadays. Even those genuine sellers, not the recasting scumbags, on Ebay are coming close to this price, bearing in mind the price quoted is for three figures in the set, not each.
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 01:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Aliexprees is a web site full of scumbag thieves who recast genuine manufacturers figures and should be excluded from recommendation on this site.

Aliexpress sells rip off recasts and anyone who wants to see genuine figure manufacturers continue in business should not buy from the scumbags who recast and sell counterfeit figures on Aliexpress or Ebay.

Alan I know where your coming from about recasts but at these prices it's no wonder that people are buying from Aliexpress and the likes.
I have just ordered 2 Meng kits from Hobbyeasy for less than £50 with postage.
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2019 - 06:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Alan I know where your coming from about recasts but at these prices it's no wonder that people are buying from Aliexpress and the likes.

Yes but that's like comparing apples to oranges. Resin made is always going to be more expensive due to the process, and the fact the plastic kits will be produced in greater quantities hence the reduction in unit cost.

As for buying the rip offs from Aliexpress. There can be no excuse to buy rip off castings. How would you feel if your hard work was rewarded by someone else getting your salary?
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2019 - 07:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I remember cringing when paying $10 for a not so anatomic Verlinden figure almost 20 yrs ago. There is no doubt that Alpine and Stalingrad. etc are the very best that money can buy, but also have become too pricey for a lot of average modellers.I like to use mainly plastic figures with aftermarket resin heads, even though resin replacements are also pricey. Another effect of the cost is to encourage counterfeiters to peddle their wares to the unsuspecting modeller trying to stretch his budget. Ah the good old days...........

I'm going to venture to say that it all depends on which scale you bought in the VERLINDEN line of figures. Personally speaking, I didn't have much of a problem with most of the 1/35 VERLINDEN WWII US figures. Americans were a bit larger than Europeans and Japanese during that era, so the size-differences, in my eyes, were negligible, in proportion to other 1/35 figures.

Their 120mm figures are still superb, even by today's standards, ESPECIALLY their Napoleonics and their figures representing other eras before WWI. BUT!!! Since VERLINDEN has gone out of business, for some reason the pricing of their 120mm Napoleonics are climbing WAAAY out of all proportion to the rest of the 120mm VERLINDEN figures... I wonder why that is...
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2019 - 07:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Yes but that's like comparing apples to oranges. Resin made is always going to be more expensive due to the process, and the fact the plastic kits will be produced in greater quantities hence the reduction in unit cost.

As for buying the rip offs from Aliexpress. There can be no excuse to buy rip off castings. How would you feel if your hard work was rewarded by someone else getting your salary?

HM! Sounds like they should call themselves "ALIEN-EXPRESS", instead... I AGREE and commiserate with you, Gentlemen...
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2019 - 07:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

THAT is too much money, too...
 _GOTOTOP