_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Questions about Warrior MCV
randis
Visit this Community
Värmland, Sweden
KitMaker: 29 posts
Armorama: 27 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 05:50 AM UTC
Hi there,

I have two questions about the Warrior MCV from Academy.

First of all I'm not able to figure out how to align parts A52 with B31 and B32. See attached picture.

I have looked everywhere but it seems that those pieces are always hidden by something in the photos.

Second: What main color should I go for? The instructions simply says dessert yellow, which there are a few 100 of. I like Vallejo air, but it could be other brands as well.

Thank you guys

Edit: Oh no! It ended up in the wrong sub forum. Dont know how , I'm not sure how to fix this?
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 07:36 AM UTC
These are the idler arm and damper. The ends have location points up against the hull. The other end of the damper arm fits in behind the idler arm. It should be basically horizontal to the ground. Visit Prime Portal
http://primeportal.net/the_battlefield_armor.htm
for some excellent walk around pics like this one:

AS to paint straight out of the bottle there is
Hakata HTK-B237 – BS Light Stone –
http://hataka-hobby.com/products/bs-light-stone-bs381c361-4/
I have never used it so can't comment further

randis
Visit this Community
Värmland, Sweden
KitMaker: 29 posts
Armorama: 27 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 06:27 AM UTC
Hi Peter,

That was the best picture so far. I guess I just go ahead and accept that the two pieces are not really connected.

Many thanks for the link. There are a lot to view there

I'm not to happy about that paint being lacquer based though. Unless someone fills in with an acrylic I might just do my best to find a not too off color. After they never look the same after varnish, light, sunburn, dust etc, etc.

/ Anders
maximus8425
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 331 posts
Armorama: 320 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 07:52 AM UTC
I attended the Sword & Lance model event in Darlington last Saturday and there was a Husky TSV painted in Mission Models British Sand and it looked pretty good. I have also looked at Vallejo's sand ivory 71.075, buff 70.976, sand yellow 70.916 and Iraqi sand 70.819 and out of all of them the Iraqi sand looks the closest to me. British desert sand colour is a lot yellower than US tan colour which is sand (ivory)in the Vallejo range.
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,124 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 08:44 AM UTC
AK Interactive makes a Iraq / Afghanistan set (558 ?) with the British color in it. I believe it is #726. Not sure if they sell it individually or if you have to get the set.
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Armorama: 840 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 09:09 AM UTC
not sure if this will help but I use tamiya acrylics and for British desert colours I use tamiya dark yellow with a dash of tamiya buff.

I don't have a mix ratio, I just use guess work and the standard issue mk 1 eyeball
terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 09:43 AM UTC
Other choice, Ammo Of Mig 030.
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 03:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

not sure if this will help but I use tamiya acrylics and for British desert colours I use tamiya dark yellow with a dash of tamiya buff.

I don't have a mix ratio, I just use guess work and the standard issue mk 1 eyeball

Similarly I use Tamiya Desert Sand, Flat Yellow and White and eyeball it. I find Dark Yellow a tad on the green side, but maybe the Buff edits it out.
 _GOTOTOP