_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Academy to do Panzer IIL, kit #13526
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2019 - 07:08 PM UTC
No idea if a re-box of the excellent Tasca one, but announced as part of their 50th celebrations. Up to you if you buy one.
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2019 - 07:44 PM UTC
Maybe the ICM kit?
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 04:40 AM UTC
I THINK that the old Tasca Pz IIL Luchs kits are now being produced by Amusing Hobby. Using the former Tasca molds.

The Tasca / Amusing Luchs kits are very fine representations in almost every way of the tiny Tiger panzer.

IF Academy is coming out with a Luchs kit... Either they are new-tooling their own molds (seems unlikely, but...), or they are likely taking up some other old, non-Tasca, molds... In which case, their "new" Luchs kit will carry forward the possible ills of whatever old kit they are effectively re-releasing. ICM's Luchs was OK, but dimensionally off and "meh" in the details, IIRC, compared to Tasca's edition.

Other than needing perhaps to replace the track set with some nicer AM set, the Tasca ? Amusing Luchs is still, FAIK, the Luchs kit to get if one wants a pretty "right-looking" Luchs. I love the original Tasca kits - IMHO, some of the nicest little boxes of styrene goodness made in the 2000's!

Cheers! Bob
Pak_40
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 392 posts
Armorama: 281 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 06:38 AM UTC
No, Asuka is re-issuing the Luchs kit. Both the Luchs late and the 4th Panzer Division special.

Their former company name was Tasca.

I saw the pre-sale notice on www.1999.co.jp
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 07:26 AM UTC
But what a missed opportunity to mark 50 years with, a re-issue or another kit of a vehicle already available as an excellent kit. Still, keeps my money in he bank for another day.
obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 09:17 AM UTC
I have both original Tasca kits and as "panzerbob" says, they're great kits in every respect. Been working on the late version recently and everything fits like a glove. The ICM kit has some rough spots. If the Academy kit is somewhere between Tasca's and ICM's level, I may have to get one or two cause these are one of my favorite light/recon tanks.
 _GOTOTOP