_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
what is the mesurements for the 7.5cm round
Wolf-Leader
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 1,225 posts
Armorama: 520 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2002 - 05:55 AM UTC
I am in need of the mesurements meaning, the length and width of the 7.5cm round for the Panzer IV J. Once I have this information then I can scale the mesurements down to 1/72nd scale and then I can make the rounds out of stock on my lathe. So if anyone can help me it would be very helpful.
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,718 posts
Armorama: 1,130 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2002 - 06:48 AM UTC
Hi,

I'm trying to remember where I saw a picture with the diferent rounds use by panzer guns, but in the meanwhile here AFV Interiors - Panzer IV at photo 6 you can have an idea of some of them.

HTH

Ok I've found the image I has been looking for Tank and Anti-Tank - AMMUNTION COMPARISON - 1941-1942, Western Desert , altough it has no dimensions it can give you an idea of various rounds.

Wolf-Leader
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2002 - 10:23 PM UTC
Tuga,
Thank you for the information it should get me some idea on the scale that I am dealing with. Another thing you might be able to help me out in. Would you know by any chance in 1/72nd scale what would make the best wires in terms of durablity for the wiring system for the Panzer IV J?
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,718 posts
Armorama: 1,130 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2002 - 11:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Tuga,
Would you know by any chance in 1/72nd scale what would make the best wires in terms of durablity for the wiring system for the Panzer IV J?

In terms of durability I don't know because the models I build some time ago I don't detail them to much.

One thing that I think that you can try it's if you have an old mouse from the computer that don't work, the cable is done of a lot of very thin wires covered with plastic of several colours - some of them probably can be used as they are depending of the colour of the wiring you want to reproduce.

HTH
Wolf-Leader
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2002 - 03:33 AM UTC
Tuga,
based on the theory that mouse wires would be very thin, would you recommend using 30 min epoxy? What about some medium CA glue? Suggestions?
 _GOTOTOP