_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Nuts Planet: US Infantryman 1995
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 12:55 AM UTC

Nuts Planet re-released a 1/35 scale Infinity Shape figure under their own label. Check out the company's press release.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 01:18 AM UTC
This figure was originally billed as a "Modern Soldier".

It doesn't really work as a 1995 Soldier. The weapon is off. It has some kind of silencer or something on the barrel. Also, in '95 scopes were not common nor were knee pads.
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 01:38 AM UTC
You are correct. Quite a few things are off for being '95.

Mario
Charby
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 78 posts
Armorama: 78 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 04:59 AM UTC
Altough my knowledge of modern/contemporary US uniforms isn't up to snuff, there are quite a few oddities abot this figure that stand out even for a non-expert like me.

First off, the figures apprears to be posed in a combat environment/setting, yet he's not wearing body armor (PASGT at the time a believe).

Also, I don't think knee pads were introduced before the dissaperance of the ALICE personal gear.

And that's not to mention the M16A-whatever, that looks more like a post-Desert storm affair.

For what it's worth.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 05:28 AM UTC
Not a silencer but a suppressor. The nomenclature escapes me at the moment. Could be SF from that time. While not infantry per se, they're not strangers to the concept. For strict 11B, could very definitely be LRS from that time.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 11:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Not a silencer but a suppressor. The nomenclature escapes me at the moment. Could be SF from that time. While not infantry per se, they're not strangers to the concept. For strict 11B, could very definitely be LRS from that time.

He could also be LSMFT or AFLCIO, or possibly IRS or ICCMC..? NAFTA??? Or is it NAPHTHA??? I escape myself, sometimes...

Have fun!!!
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 04:31 AM UTC
The original Infinity Shape figures were long sought after, including the two PMC figures and the one with the floppy hat/shotgun and PAGST helmet/M4.

I had those kits. I eventually sold them after years in storage. Even though they were rare, they didn't attract me enough to build them.

The main problem I found with 1/35 Infinity Shape figures was that they were White Metal whereas practically every other 1/35 garage kit company used resin. White Metal is akin to Wargaming figures; kind of soft on the details, smoother, molded on pouches and details, and easy for small parts to bend and break. While they may look nice painted up, in reality, primer and paint sometimes have a hard time sticking to White Metal figures.

Now that Nutsplanet made them (I would assume) in resin, hopefully the details would be crisper. I am surprised though that Nutsplanet didn't include extras or modified them, instead preferring to cast them OOTB as the original Infinity Shape molds.
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 - 10:52 AM UTC
If memory serves me correctly the original white metal figure was an attempt to replicate a Ranger at the time of Somalia 1993.
 _GOTOTOP