_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
RMG: PLMP110's entry
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,318 posts
Armorama: 837 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 10:53 AM UTC
Well, the rain is here, so I cannot seem to get any decent photos. I do have two that are not very good. When the weather breaks, I will put more in my gallery.

The crew of this Panther is standing around on the hull of their tank just shooting the breeze. Then, in the distance, a faint rumbling that sounds like aircraft. As the noise gets louder, they scramble to see what is coming their direction. Then, on the horizon they catch the first glimpse of the approaching aircraft. No, can that be parachutes? Surely not here in Arnhem. The battle begins..........

Patrick
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 01:32 PM UTC
Patrick:
Nice dio there, the tank looks a little naked without turret numbers. Airbrushed camo looks nice and the wash on the running gear is solid. Figs look solid and the wall behind the vehicle is nicely painted.
I assume those are the DML kit figures?
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 06:04 PM UTC
everything looks nice here but need some weathering.DML Achtung Jabo kit figures are really well painted.
P.S:I am sorry to say the edge of the ground piece on the left corne is not good from this angle
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 06:30 PM UTC
looks excellent, great little storyline, and that wall is fantastic.
I also especially like the branches on the tank, what did u use for the leaves? cheers
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 799 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 12:50 AM UTC
Very nice dio in overall

but i do have three remarks (just my opinion)

first: as its said that tank really misses the numbers on the hull side

second: to me the whole scene looks too neat... too clean... now, i know they didnt saw much fight until that moment but surely, some dust on the vehicle/streets....

third: even though that tank didnt go through the mud, its track should be heavily sckratched when driving on the stone streets... so a little metal drybrush on them should make it look more better (or again, maybe its just a bad picture angle?, it thats it than its fine )

that much from me, i meant no harm just friendly notices
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 01:29 AM UTC
Overall very well done. Nice clean construction on the tank, wall, and figures.
I like the BW photo, nice touch.
As we know, there is always more we can do, but sometimes the dead line catches up to us quickly.

As far as the turret numbers, big debate over having them or not and I think its fine to leave them off for an RMG diorama.

Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 01:58 AM UTC
Patrick,

I moved the images to the original RMG Gallery.

Thanks for joining the RMG with yet another excellent entry !!
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,318 posts
Armorama: 837 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 04:46 AM UTC
Thanks for the compliments. I left turret numbers off because the photo of the Panther I was trying to portray did not have them either. The ground work pulled up really bad on the edges. All I can figure is I mixed more white glue than usual in my celluclay. I think that caused the mixture to shrink and pull up around the edges. I've never had that happen as bad as it did on this dio. The limbs are dried caspia. I wanted a clean tank to show that the crew has been in the rear and had time to clean and get needed repairs done. The tank is the Tamiya Panther G. The crew is the Dragon Achtung Jabo set. The wall is from Verlinden. The street is made with lentlis and drywall compound. I will get more photos in my gallery soon. The weather was horrible here, and I could not take a photo inside that didn't turn out blurry.

Thanks to Eagle and Faust for a great campaign.

Patrick
 _GOTOTOP