_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Small Scale
Dioramas of subjects smallers than 1/32 scale.
Hosted by Darren Baker
1/72 Coble Stone
RAF-Mad
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 153 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 01:36 PM UTC
Hi, Iam working on building my first ever dio of a french street fight (WWII) and i was wondering what is good for 1/72 coble stones.
Also an article on building a Tiger I tank would be useful to i want this to look good and get ideas. :-)
Kancali
Vendor
KANCALI
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 03:05 PM UTC
Hi! Here is a pic of a Roco Sherman 1/87 on a brickwork road.. Not true cobblestone
( i.e. various size round stones laid and then smoothed down), but alot of times the
term is used interchangeably with laid brick or square stones.. If this is what you're
looking for check my link below.. Good luck on the dio.
RAF-Mad
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 153 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 04:39 PM UTC
hmm thats what iam looking for but i was also wondering about a doit your self, just because iam on a tight budget. Those ones seem to fit perfect with what i want to do i will contemplate it

Edit: Never mind iam an imbasile i was looking at the wrong stuff $8 is no problem Thanks alot.

P.S: Do you have any information of how wide french streets were during wwII and what that is in 1/72 scale.
ekke
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 285 posts
Armorama: 229 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 09:01 AM UTC
just cast a plate of plaster and make the structure you want with a knife or a needle.
That costs nealry nothing an it looks more realistic than plastic products.

The road`s width depended on the location (countryside/city), i don`t think there was a rule or a min./max. size.
wampum
Visit this Community
Tekirdag, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Armorama: 661 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 09:13 PM UTC
I agree with Ekke. Just cast a piece of plaster. You can modelate it very easy with a sharp instrument. In case of mistakes you can repair it, too just by adding some more plaster.
 _GOTOTOP