_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Am I missing something??
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,124 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2019 - 02:36 PM UTC
Just got my Bronco Comet today. Was going over instruction and parts. Instructions are a little dodgy.(nothing about assembling the gun barrel or the metal barrel option. Lots of Chinese, little English translation, etc.) Planning on a post war one with the fishtail exhaust. I find no mention of the cover over the original exhaust or see any part that looks like an option. What am I not seeing?
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2019 - 08:25 PM UTC
Neeeever mind ..... Just found some photos of some Hong Kong based ones. Just had the old screens. However, when did the red lug nuts on the road wheels come into vogue? And when did the ID numbers switch from the "T" numbers to the two number/ two letter/two number format?
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2019 - 09:20 PM UTC
It was my understanding that the red nut was to allow quick identification if one was missing; at least that is what I was told. as for when it would be after WW2, but I do not have a time window for you
smorko
Visit this Community
Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 94 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2019 - 09:40 PM UTC
I just started mine last night and I have no metal barrel... You may have the first run, the second had slightly better instructions and indy tracks. You can find both instructions on scalemates.
philhendry
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 57 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2019 - 10:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Neeeever mind ..... Just found some photos of some Hong Kong based ones. Just had the old screens. However, when did the red lug nuts on the road wheels come into vogue? And when did the ID numbers switch from the "T" numbers to the two number/ two letter/two number format?

Generally speaking, red nuts are only to be touched by fitters; white nuts are safe to be undone by any fool with a spanner!
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Friday, April 19, 2019 - 12:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Generally speaking, red nuts are only to be touched by fitters; white nuts are safe to be undone by any fool with a spanner!

What if the fitter and the fool are the same person?
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Friday, April 19, 2019 - 12:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

That usually leads to a situation where a dip-sh*t who doesn't know Jack Sh*t lands you in deep sh*t
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Friday, April 19, 2019 - 12:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I thought red nuts was a case for the doctor ....
Scarred
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,792 posts
Armorama: 1,186 posts
Posted: Friday, April 19, 2019 - 12:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I thought red nuts was a case for the doctor ....

Can be cured with an injection and a warning to stay away from the Ville.
SpeedyJ
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
KitMaker: 1,617 posts
Armorama: 1,150 posts
Posted: Friday, April 19, 2019 - 12:50 AM UTC
If that can only be one person, I made my conclusion.
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Friday, April 19, 2019 - 03:53 AM UTC
Milos, If you want the metal barrel send me a message with your address and I' ll send it your way. As for nut colors, blue ones mean you need a trip to the Ville , then they become red. (Or so I hear....)
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Friday, April 19, 2019 - 05:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

_GOTOTOP