_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
German White Camouflage
cutigerfan
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 133 posts
Armorama: 85 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 08:46 AM UTC
Does anyone have any suggestions, links on how to paint a 120mm (1:16) German WWll in Winter White? I purchased Andrea Miniatures beautiful MG 42 Schutze, 1944 figure and I want to try my skill level at tackling this. Thank you.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 11:44 AM UTC
Make your base coat medium to light gray. Shade with black and white for shadows and highlights, respectively. Lightest highlights should be pure white, and darkest shadows should be ALMOST black.
Make stains and discoloring with washes and glazes.
Armorsmith
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,000 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 12:04 PM UTC
I would first spray with a dark grey. For the white add a bit of grey to it to make it a warm grey. Spray this on in light coats. If done properly shadows in the creases will become evident because of the dark spray preshade. If there is too much coverage you can add the shadows by mixing more grey to you white and slowly building it up in thin layers. Working in 120mm you may also be able to do this with your AB. Pastels/pigments can also be used as they are easy to blend. Any highlights can be done with pure white. Like anything else it takes practice. Have fun. Good luck.
 _GOTOTOP