_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Zvezda Gaz with Kornet-D.......
andymacrae
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 409 posts
Armorama: 402 posts
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2019 - 09:34 AM UTC
Am I right in thinking this is based on development prototype and not on in service vehicle?

Thanks,
Andy
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2019 - 11:02 AM UTC
Andy:

The GAZ Tiger-M is an in-service platform, and the Tiger-M with Kornet-D launchers was first featured in the 2015 Moscow parade...

So, it COULD be in issue to one or more service units now.

The photo record is pretty clear and consistent as to overall and detail appearance of the vehicle and weapons-system.

It looks to me like the Zvezda kit - at least the box-art - pretty much conforms to the range of photos of the vehicle as seen in both parade and issue-camo liveries. So, I would guess that Zvezda is modeling the more-or-less production version.

Cheers! Bob

PS: If Zvezda has done OK with the vehicle and with the launchers, I may have to get this one!
ivan_a
Visit this Community
Khabarovsk, Russia
KitMaker: 35 posts
Armorama: 35 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2019 - 12:10 AM UTC
Greetings, colleagues. As far as I know, "Tiger-EM." the complex "Kornet" from "Zvezda" is an export version. The model is very accurate and largely corresponds to the prototype. Adopted in the Russian Army "Tiger" with a complex of "Cornet-D" different body of the vehicle. "Tiger-EM" is based on the chassis 233036, "Kornet - D" on the chassis 233116. You can see the differences in the photos.
Tiger-EM (233036):

Kornet-M (233116)
andymacrae
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 409 posts
Armorama: 402 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2019 - 05:47 AM UTC
Thanks very much for that explanation, it explains the difference I’d noticed between Zvezda kit and Russian service vehicles.
 _GOTOTOP