_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Tank: German Tiger I Tankers, Tunisia
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 05, 2019 - 08:01 PM UTC

The second bit of news from TANK for today deals with German crew for Tiger I tank from North Africa.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 06, 2019 - 02:09 AM UTC
Tank is feeling the pressure from Stalingrad to up their game. I would like these better if they included the collar badges, etc. but they're a nice addition to the offerings out there.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2019 - 06:18 AM UTC
I agree that they are terrific but could benefit from some tweaks. Personally I'd like them more if a couple of them were offered wearing shorts and looking like they're sweating. Odd how that would happen in North Africa...
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2019 - 07:49 AM UTC
I am a firm fan of Tank figures and the items you mention while well made could be easily overcome by Tank including some decals.
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
Armorama: 2,248 posts
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2019 - 09:20 AM UTC
I'm glad these have been released. There are far too few Afrika Korps Tankers in the full Panzer uniform.

As for Tunisia... if you look at period pics, you'll see a lot of mud, Greatcoats, and long pants.

I looked up the typical weather for the period. It wasn't freezing, but it was cool and definitely not hot.

404NotFound
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 325 posts
Armorama: 322 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2019 - 08:37 AM UTC
The figures look great and it's a relief to see Tunisian Tiger figures in something other than shorts and shirtsleeves for once as if these Tigers were present at First El Alamein.

The weather in Tunisia is far more temperate. As mentioned, even a cursory examination of photos of troops deployed during the campaign, which took place primarily during the winter of 1943-43 illustrate mainly those warmly-dressed.

I cannot find a site which lists average temperatures for say, Tunis during then. That said, you can see average temperatures one might expect here:

https://www.holiday-weather.com/tunis/averages/january/

That Tunis is on the coast, it may enjoy a warmer climate than that inland, I would imagine.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2019 - 01:51 PM UTC
Guess that they would have made poor Canadians temperature-wise as we often are found walking around in our shorts (and a light jacket)at, say, five or ten degrees Centigrade. It's a Canadian thing I guess. Little wonder that those of us vacationing in the Southern U.S. states are referred to as "polar bears". Among other things.
 _GOTOTOP