_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
T-34 model 1943 URALMASH (Zvezda 1/35)
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
KitMaker: 209 posts
Armorama: 205 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2019 - 09:03 AM UTC
One early T 34 is rather weak for the collection ...
Therefore, without delaying it in a distant box, I quickly collected a novelty from the Zvezda straight from the box.
At first I wanted to take the etching, but having looked at the details from the Zvezda, he changed his mind, in my opinion, they (the parts) are very, very good ...
In the assembly, the model is beautiful, it's just that Tamiya is some kind of ... plastic is also very similar, the one that is basic is green. The plastic on the tracks is different, more fragile chtoli ... but using fine sandpaper and you can cope with it.
In short, the model is going to "click" ... leaving a very positive impression. Recommend.
Generally assembled out of the box, drilled the perforation on the rollers, Added the texture of the casting on the mask, the hatch and the cap from the putty, added a pair of straps and a couple of boxes with a duffle bag + tracks, bent the fenders a little ...

4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2019 - 05:42 AM UTC
Hello!
I made a video of a boxed relaxation assembly of this wonderful tank. Maybe someone will be interested to see the process of construction. Got a lot of pleasure from this model ... in general, enjoy watching!

https://youtu.be/Cd7hd5RyzLc
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2019 - 11:35 AM UTC
Always a pleasure to see your build process, thanks again for sharing it
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2019 - 06:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Always a pleasure to see your build process, thanks again for sharing it

Thank you, Carlos! I hope the painting process will not disappoint too!
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - 08:31 AM UTC
A small advance on the T-34 sample of 1943.
Base color, light gradients.
By virtue of this, this model has a tower of more rounded shapes, gradients made less aggressive, without sharp borders.
I think the visual perception of this model will increase after the next stage ... for now, so.

4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 - 06:34 PM UTC
Hello.
There is also little progress on this project.
To be continued ..

pod3105
Visit this Community
Waterford, Ireland
KitMaker: 466 posts
Armorama: 444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 - 07:40 PM UTC
Kirill, what a great job.
Is this a newer mould from Zvezda,or one of the older kits?
To my continuing embarrassment, I've yet to build an T-34 , but with a birthday upcomming I might -just treat myself
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 - 08:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Kirill, what a great job.
Is this a newer mould from Zvezda,or one of the older kits?
To my continuing embarrassment, I've yet to build an T-34 , but with a birthday upcomming I might -just treat myself

Hi Paul!
Thanks for the feedback and evaluation of the work ... I will try not to ruin the model further.
This is a new model (No. 3689) from the 2018 Zvezda Company. I also have their T34 / 85 (No. 3687) - also a new model. and ... they are beautiful, no worse than Tamiya in the assembly. I advise you to pay attention to them. They also have new SU-100 (No. 3688) and SU-85 (No. 3690) created on the basis of these sets ...
pod3105
Visit this Community
Waterford, Ireland
KitMaker: 466 posts
Armorama: 444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 - 11:07 PM UTC
I think I'll pick up one of these very soon.
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 - 01:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I think I'll pick up one of these very soon.

And this is the right decision!
canismalus
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 398 posts
Armorama: 394 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 - 10:35 PM UTC
Hi Kirill,

Another fantastic build and more exemplary color modulation work! And thanks for the link to the video - a pleasure to watch.

I‘m also pretty enthusiastic about Zvezda‘s recent releases - I don‘t have this one yet, but I do have their recent, new-tool SU-100 and it looks like a winner.

Keep up the good work!

Jerry
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2019 - 08:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Kirill,

Another fantastic build and more exemplary color modulation work! And thanks for the link to the video - a pleasure to watch.

I‘m also pretty enthusiastic about Zvezda‘s recent releases - I don‘t have this one yet, but I do have their recent, new-tool SU-100 and it looks like a winner.

Keep up the good work!

Jerry

Jerry, Thanks for the tip and review.
I apologize for not immediately responding; I was leaving for Moscow on business.
To exemplary painting, of course, I am still very far away. I am not a professional in this matter. As for the assembly, it’s a good model and it’s not a problem to assemble, it is only the company's merit.
While I was in Moscow I bought some model chemistry, so I think that soon I will finish this model! And I will certainly release
 the second part of the video on painting .. and there will also be the third part (secret so far) ...
Well, I want to experience extremely positive emotions from the assembly of your model!
canismalus
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 398 posts
Armorama: 394 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 12:12 AM UTC
Hi Kirill,

You‘re too modest about your paint job! It‘s true that some modelers who use the color-modulation technique achieve a very precise-looking result when they mark off the different surfaces of the model from each other exactly. Such finishes look quite “artistic“ but not very realistic or natural, in my opinion. Once your model is weathered, I think your finish will do what it‘s supposed to and produce a realistic lighting effect and not call undue attention to itself.

Quoted Text

While I was in Moscow I bought some model chemistry, so I think that soon I will finish this model! And I will certainly release
the second part of the video on painting .. and there will also be the third part (secret so far) ...

Looking forward to it!

Quoted Text

I apologize for not immediately responding; I was leaving for Moscow on business.

Oh, that wasn‘t very much of a delay...but work can really get in the way of things, can‘t it.

Jerry
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 05:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Kirill,

You‘re too modest about your paint job! It‘s true that some modelers who use the color-modulation technique achieve a very precise-looking result when they mark off the different surfaces of the model from each other exactly. Such finishes look quite “artistic“ but not very realistic or natural, in my opinion. Once your model is weathered, I think your finish will do what it‘s supposed to and produce a realistic lighting effect and not call undue attention to itself.

Quoted Text

Looking forward to it!

Quoted Text

Oh, that wasn‘t very much of a delay...but work can really get in the way of things, can‘t it.

Jerry

Jerry hello!
You know, as soon as a person says that he is a professional, he does everything mechanically and stops noticing his mistakes. I try to avoid this. In addition, I really like the faded colors that Japanese artists use in their work. Ideally, I dream of combining the Japanese painting technique and the Spanish modulation technique. But for now, it’s not quite right - everywhere there are subtleties ...
I myself can’t wait to finish this model, but so far everything is moving very slowly. After work, I come home late, the family needs attention ... everything remains for modelism for one or two hours ... But I try!
Glad I looked!
Removed by original poster on 08/16/19 - 06:09:15 (GMT).
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 - 08:11 AM UTC
Hello everyone!
So another T-34 came to a logical conclusion. As always, I tried something new for myself, namely I created pine branches, imitated pieces of dirt on the fenders. But I’ll talk about all this in more detail in a video that will be released shortly on the channel. Not everything turned out as I wanted, but I was satisfied with the result. So far, I will please you with photographs.

Garrand
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 195 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 - 08:19 AM UTC
I have one of these too. I chose to use workable tracks & still waiting on those. I'm not sure I would say it is Tamiya quality, but it probably is the best T-34 on the market. I'm looking forward to the Hexagonal turret version due out.

Damon.
phil2015
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 502 posts
Armorama: 325 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 - 09:01 AM UTC

Very nice! Thanks for posting this. I am currently working on a Dragon T-34 and not enjoying it very much, so I was browsing the Zvezda offerings this morning....
kunjuro
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 520 posts
Armorama: 488 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 - 11:48 AM UTC
Amazing work mate! The weathering is just excellent and the stowage really brings the tank to life. I love all the subtle variations to the color too
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2020 - 09:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have one of these too. I chose to use workable tracks & still waiting on those. I'm not sure I would say it is Tamiya quality, but it probably is the best T-34 on the market. I'm looking forward to the Hexagonal turret version due out.

Damon.

Thanks Damon!
This model reminded me of Tamiya first of all with its plastic and assembly. everything is clear and without gaps. Now there are thoughts to collect t34 85 ... Well, also waiting for the release of the new t 34.

Quoted Text

Very nice! Thanks for posting this. I am currently working on a Dragon T-34 and not enjoying it very much, so I was browsing the Zvezda offerings this morning....

It is always joyful to realize that the work was liked by hobby colleagues. Well, a successful assembly of this model.

Quoted Text

Amazing work mate! The weathering is just excellent and the stowage really brings the tank to life. I love all the subtle variations to the color too

Thank you for your appreciation! I recently realized that I like to tint green models more fun ... as it’s easier for me to work with shades. Well, here is the result! Thanks again for the tip!
4egevara
Visit this Community
Vladimir, Russia
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2020 - 07:38 AM UTC

And here’s the T-34 video. A lot later than planned, but still it came out! It turned out to be very long, but I think it’s suitable for Friday evening! By tradition, we take cookies and tea, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x1eaE_Bcvk&t=1363s
 _GOTOTOP