_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern Armor
Modern armor in general.
Hosted by Darren Baker
PL 01 concept MBT in 1/35 soon by Takom.
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 - 06:04 PM UTC
Yep, seen on a Chinese language site - don’t ask- and coming soon to a store near you. Along with a Willies Jeep. Only ever remained a concept vehicle to the best of my knowledge. Limited camo schemes, or anything you want. Start saving now...
and seen here, https://toylandhobbymodelingmagazine.press/2019/06/27/new-takom-releases-for-july-2019/
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 - 06:20 PM UTC
Seems to be in English for me

also a Jeep
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 - 06:34 PM UTC
I like the "4 types of markings" line on the PL-01 box

There was just one mockup built...
covkid
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 252 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 - 06:34 PM UTC
that jeep looks pretty good.

regards jason
WARLORD
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 1,923 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 - 08:54 PM UTC
PL01 concept is a huge surprise and rather unusual subject.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 - 09:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

PL01 concept is a huge surprise and rather unusual subject.

Maybe there is even a possibility of a Strf 90120
/ Robin
Wakemeup
Visit this Community
Napoli, Italy
KitMaker: 880 posts
Armorama: 874 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 - 10:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I like the "4 types of markings" line on the PL-01 box

There was just one mockup built...

:D
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2019 - 12:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

that jeep looks pretty good.

regards jason

Hi, Jason!

Yeah, that Jeep looks good- Have you been over to "The MODELLING NEWS"..? They have a little bit more info on it besides the box-art. I've already built a TAMIYA Jeep which I really "went to town" with:

The ABER PE set, which is probably THE BEST PE set that you're going to get in 1/35 for the US Jeep, (this PE set is meant for the 1/35 ITALERI Jeep but it will work just fine on the TAMIYA kit, AND any others out there, including the new, upcoming TAKOM offering)

RESICAST Jeep Front Axle with "pose-able" Front End, (meaning the Wheels)- I wound up posing my Wheels just slightly turned to the right, and then CA-cementing everything in place, taking into consideration "Toe-out On Turns" and "Camber", as far as Wheel-Alignment geometry was concerned. If one doesn't CA-cement everything in place on the RESICAST Jeep, CCKW352/353 and M8/M20 Armored Car Front Ends, their parts-fit is loose, which will result in some very sloppy-looking Front Ends. Still in all, these resin parts are handy in "posing" your Front Ends as making a turn in either direction, or for just representing a more "candid" look if the vehicle in question is parked...

I DID NOT detail the Engine Compartment, because my Jeep's Hood ("Bonnet", for our British Friends), is CLOSED, with the Windshield and its Frame posed in the "folded-down"-position, and as being wrapped in an OD "Canvas Protection Cover". My philosophy as far as "detailing" is concerned is,

"Why detail something that will never be seen, anyway"..?

That's why I don't care that awful much if a typical Tank kit has a "Full-Interior" or not...

DEF resin "Wheels with "Sagged & Bulged Tires" for more realistic-looking Wheels/Tires, simulating "weight"

A Pedestal-mounted M1919A1 .30 cal. Machine Gun with an RB Metal Barrel & Perforated Cooling Jacket, with brass .30 cal. Ammo Belt already "fed" into the Breech, out of an ABER PE .30 cal. Ammo Box...

I also "improved" a BRONCO Jeep Crew and did a few little changes to the figures for a more "natural" appearance. (see below)

And lastly, a combination of resin and plastic "cross-pollinated" MP figures, including a parked MINIART MP Harley Davidson WLA45 Motorcycle.

One of my MPs is "directing traffic" towards a "Red Ball Express" CCKW353 "Deuce-and-a-Half" by TAMIYA, which I also "detailed to the max" with once again, an ABER PE set, (meant for the ITALERI 2 1/2-Tonner, but which will also work splendidly with the TAMIYA offering). I "converted" an old HELLER CCKW Canvas Cargo Bed Cover to fit the TAMIYA Cargo Bed.

WHAT A JOB THAT WAS!!! Nearly endless filing, sanding, fitting and then doing the process over and over again until the "Cargo Box Top" ("Tilt") fit onto the TAMIYA Cargo Box. I used ARCHER Dry-Transfers for the Jeep's, Harley's, and the "Deuce-and-a-Half's" White National Markings, Serial Numbers, etc...

The Driver of the "Jimmy" is a semi-converted TAMIYA Jeep Driver, which I altered with a better-molded M1 Steel Helmet, PE "loosened" Helmet Chin-Straps, and a resin HORNET "African" Head. "Red Ball" Driver, you understand...

Just for the record and being a "fuss-pot", I rarely leave plastic figures alone- These always get better resin Heads, Weapons, PE Rifle/Weapons Slings, better Helmets, Canteens, Boots, Hands, etc. Many times, I re-work their poses to suit my needs.

The new TAKOM Jeep may well become the "best" 1/35 US WWII Jeep kit in 1/35, but I'm curious as to what its price will be. If it's as "expensive" as BRONCO's offering, my buying of the TAKOM Jeep AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN... I spent a small fortune on my TAMIYA Jeep in order to bring it "up" to my own personal standards. Are these "extra details" noticeable? In a lot of places, as far as this particular Jeep of mine is concerned, "No"... Would I do it all over again? Doubtful, but not out of the realm of possibility...

I don't build as much as I used to anymore, when I would have as many as a half-dozen "varied-in-genre" projects on my four workbenches. Sometimes WEEKS will go by before I go back to "work" on my different projects... Yes, it's come to that...
 _GOTOTOP