Has anyone built a Blitz resin kit?
taylorrl
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 50 posts
Armorama: 49 posts
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 - 06:57 AM UTC
All,

I'm looking at ordering a WW1 Renault EG artillery prime mover from Blitz in France. They also have a number of interesting WW1 artillery kits that I'd like to order. I haven't been able to find an in-box or build review for any of the Blitz products. Does anyone have experience with this company's products? What is the quality of the molding? How accurate are the masters? I've heard that their customer service is poor.

Thanks,

Rick
jfeenstra
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 342 posts
Armorama: 342 posts
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 - 07:11 AM UTC
I have ordered from Blitz a couple of times and emailed them as well with questions. Their customer service is definitely not poor and I’ve had no issues. They may not confirm when an order is sent, but I’ve always got my stuff.

Casting is very good as is detail, but they can be more basic then say a Resicast or DES kit. They remind of the old Alby kits. Haven’t built any so can’t comment on that. Having said all that, since the majority of their items are not produced by anyone else, it’s not like we have much choice!
taylorrl
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 50 posts
Armorama: 49 posts
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 - 09:58 AM UTC
Thanks Jon. It is reassuring that you've had good experiences with ordering from Blitz.

In the past, I've had the experience of ordering expensive resin kits from other manufacturers only to find that the molding and/or the mastering was lacking and wouldn't yield a model that I wanted on my shelf. Hopefully someone has built a Blitz kit and can share their experience.

Rick
Halbcl2
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 127 posts
Armorama: 106 posts
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 - 01:00 PM UTC
Rick, email me . . . . trmorgan(at)mts.net
 _GOTOTOP