_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Review
Bronco: Ram Mk II
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019 - 04:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You're right Dennis, I stand humbled & corrected; it just seems that you're always on the warpath over a perceived slight on the latest release when we are all talking about building models for cripes sake. Hence the chill part. I've got nothing against you and your opinions, I just don't really believe that there's this secret cabal of manufacturers out there timing their releases to spite you. If the order of release is "Panther" "Panther" "Sherman" so be it. I enjoy the building and I even enjoy the interactions here but we've all got to understand that we are all just big 14 year-olds avoiding the world by enjoying building something special. Or at least I seem to be. Enjoying, that is. So let's all try and limit how upset we get over the nothings that plague living in a crazy age.

Hi, Frank!

"The Panzer-Clique", and "The Panzer-Mafia" nicknames which I often refer to on this site are actually directed towards a certain group of people on this site, and not the model manufacturers. They seem to take personal offense when I mention WWII US and Allied equipment instead of genuflecting in awe of every Panther, Tiger or SS Panzer Crew which is being riotously celebrated on this site.

There is NO secret "cabal" looking to "short change" yours truly. That would be, at the very least, presumptuous on my part. There is no "perceived slight". Any correspondence which I've ever had with the manufacturers has been either ignored, or answered in this, or similar fashion:

"Thank You Very Much for your interest in EGG FOO YUNG Models, but unfortunately at this time, we have no plans to produce a/an (enter your choice of as yet not-produced model here): _________"

In other words, I've given up on trying to correspond with THESE PEOPLE...

"ALWAYS on the warpath", I think, is a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think..? I'm only on the "warpath" 90% of the time!

I'm not a spoiled-rotten 8-year old brat screaming at the top of my lungs, running amok in a supermarket or a department store, tearing merchandise off of the shelves and kicking customers in their shins. So, I do question the "chill" when I make a comment, which after all is said and done, IS only a comment, after all... Being told to "chill" is perhaps a mild admonishment for that 8-year-old brat, but I'm a 66-year-old oatmeal-gumming old codger!
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019 - 08:09 AM UTC
Here are the requested extra images.

JSSVIII
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,169 posts
Armorama: 1,067 posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019 - 11:55 AM UTC
Thanks Darren, It looks good to me, I'm sure there are people who are more knowledgeable about the details of the Ram than I though.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019 - 07:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Here are the requested extra images.

Hi, Darren!

Thanks Very Much for posting these photos of the new RAM Mk.II kit! THIS is the kind of thing that will help modelers to go ahead and buy this and other things, which I imagine will generate more "Build" and "Build-Review" threads!

I'm glad that I went ahead and ordered this kit!
Shermania
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
Armorama: 531 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 08, 2020 - 08:04 AM UTC
I’ve been patiently waiting for my LHS to stock this, but nothing has happened and it’s been out six months. So I started looking at the online distributors I normally purchase from and it seems that nobody has this kit even listed, then I looked at the hong kong online stores I occasionally order from and they list it but nobody seems to have one in stock.

Was this kit really that popular? I’ve been waiting for decades with the hope a ram would finally be available in plastic and now that bronco makes one I can’t seem to find one anywhere.

Someone on ebay has them listed for like $36 but I’ve never purchased anything on ebay
 _GOTOTOP