_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tracks
digger303
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 69 posts
Armorama: 69 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 - 01:15 AM UTC
Hi all,
Is there a website, blog or reference somewhere about which allied tracked vehicles had what tracks and what year they where used.
Any help if possible is much appreciated. I did try to search myself , but came up blank.
Many thanks
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 - 04:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi all,
Is there a website, blog or reference somewhere about which allied tracked vehicles had what tracks and what year they where used.
Any help if possible is much appreciated. I did try to search myself , but came up blank.
Many thanks

The Sherman Minutiae site has a section on tracks.
http://the.shadock.free.fr/sherman_minutia/tracks/vvss_tracks.html

You're more likely to find the info you need by searching for a particular tank type, rather then Allied Tank Tracks.
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 - 08:23 AM UTC
What tanks are you wanting information on? There are a lot of Allied tanks out there.

The Sherman Minutiae site is the best thing out there for Sherman-ites, right after the Son of Sherman book.

Keep in mind that is a tank was in service for a long time, early M4 type in Italy for example, they could be fitted with later tracks during a refit.
Vierville
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 384 posts
Armorama: 372 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 - 11:47 AM UTC
There were many types of track used, particularly on Shermans...the best advice would be to try find a photo of the particular tank that you intend modelling and then research back from there...

The sites mentioned above will help with info on the various types of track but won't necessarily clarify which tank they were found on
digger303
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 69 posts
Armorama: 69 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 - 12:37 PM UTC
Thanks all for responding.
The USA T28 kited by dragon 6750 is the one I'm mainly interested in, but I did want to check others as time or builds come and go. The sherman page is good thanks.
cheers
 _GOTOTOP