Echelon Item # D356264 (11 ACR M551s & M113s
Buq-Buq
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 - 02:02 PM UTC
Kids:

I am working on a project, and have run into a time-crunch. I am hoping someone can help me out.

I am looking for a nice clear, legible, picture(s) of the Echelon decal set or the instructions for # D356264 (11 ACR M551s & M113s in Vietnam Part 1) — specifically vehicles A66 “Annihilation” (M113A1 ACAV) and A27 “American Woman” (M551 Sheridan). I want to determine what the text is on the vehicle sides, and also the circular device on the rear side of the ACAV.

I have both of the 11 ACR sets (# D356264 & # D356265) on order from Echelon, but I fear they ship from Singapore and will not be in time to assist in this particular project. I have e-mailed Echelon requesting the above information, but haven’t had a reply yet.

Can anyone help out? Even a verbal description of the text and marking(s) would be better than the information I have available at the moment.

Thanks very much, in advance, for any assistance anyone might lend.

Mark Neukom
marcb
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,244 posts
Armorama: 1,226 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 12:34 AM UTC
Can't help you with an answer, but it might help if you posted a link to the sheet for other's to see.
FB has some groups about Sheridans and M 113's in Vietnam.

Good luck.
Buq-Buq
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 07:50 AM UTC
Marc:

Thank you very much for your reply, and your suggestion! I appreciate your input on this request.

Happily, late last night Lawrence Goh of Echelon Fine Details replied to my e-mail. He provided some specific information about his research into those two decal sheets, as well as providing several of the images that he used in creating those two decal sets (!!!).

So, although it was late, I was able to re-work the elements I had finished last night, got the corrections made and finished this step of my project.

Many many thanks to Lawrence Goh for taking the time to respond to my query, and for providing a wealth of information to aid my project!! “Above and beyond — above and beyond!” I appreciate your help!

Mark Neukom
 _GOTOTOP