_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Looking for Opel Maultier marking info
clay_cliff
Visit this Community
Lima, Peru
KitMaker: 375 posts
Armorama: 371 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 04:52 AM UTC
Hello peeps, I've been looking for info about an Opel Maultier from the 4th Panzer Division, Eastern Front 1943. Color scheme is Dark Gray/Dark yellow. I couldn't find pics on this particular vehicle, even if I find them, they would be b/w. Searching on the net I found some pre-built models, 1/72 I think, that are from the same division, same period of time, but they're Dark yellow/Olive green. Dragon algo gives this scheme, even with winterwash. So I'd like to know which is the correct scheme: Dark Gray/Dark Yellow or Dark yellow/Olive green?. Thanks a lot in advance. Best regards.

José
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,322 posts
Armorama: 1,239 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 06:07 AM UTC
Dear José,
From 1943 onwards German vehicles became a so called dunkelgelb (RAL8017) basic color.
So basic grey was abanded. During spring and summer green was used for camo, in autumn and winter brown was applied.
These colors came from various sources: paint factories were not able to produce constant qualities due to lack of resources, a centralised quality control system and other reasons. But also local stores next to former polish and russian stocks ended on german equipment.
To make it even more complex camo schedules were interpreted on various levels differently, not to speak about the art skills of crews themselves.
So, if you can find pictures of your model on the net use them! Not too much can go wrong.
 _GOTOTOP