_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Is Trumpeter's 1/35th Mi-24 considered Armor?
Removed by original poster on 08/17/19 - 17:29:37 (GMT).
pod3105
Visit this Community
Waterford, Ireland
KitMaker: 466 posts
Armorama: 444 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 07:21 PM UTC
IMHO, that thing is a flying IFV, so I'd say stay here
canismalus
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 398 posts
Armorama: 394 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 08:47 PM UTC
Hi Rob,

I think you should keep it here....but since I‘ve been toying with the idea of building this kit for a while, I guess that means I have an ulterior motive for saying that.

By the way, are you using any aftermarket for your build?

Jerry
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 09:07 PM UTC
Anything that transports/ shoots at Arms Corps troops/ vehicles should be on this site, just like gliders and other choppers which some members insist should be on the other site....
Removed by original poster on 08/17/19 - 17:29:25 (GMT).
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 10:23 PM UTC
Maybe you could advertise over on Rotary wings that you are doing this build and provide a link to this thred.
Just in case there is some hardcore helicopter enthusiast who never ever visits the Russo-Soviet Forum.

/ Robin
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 11:04 PM UTC
It's a flying thingee,but I am not going to argue where it should be posted,like another recent thread.Let the moderators decide whether to move it or not.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 11:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Maybe you could advertise over on Rotary wings that you are doing this build and provide a link to this thred.
Just in case there is some hardcore helicopter enthusiast who never ever visits the Russo-Soviet Forum.

/ Robin

I don't think it should be. But I do agree with Robin. Since the moderators don't want to actually make a decision on what content should/should not be posted as armor, at least post it in the Rotary Wing Forum as well so it can be seen by a potentially more interested audience.
marcb
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,244 posts
Armorama: 1,226 posts
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 - 01:09 AM UTC
Maybey if you strap it to a tank transport truck like the KZKT or similar:
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/trumpeter-01039-kzkt-7428-rusich--1023335
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 - 03:39 AM UTC
I agree, here and cross-post there.

Seeing someone else digging in might even get me to drag out my old shelf queen and carry on with my stalled build.

Mike
Owengate
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 73 posts
Armorama: 39 posts
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 - 03:56 AM UTC
Either way, it's a welcome addition to the forum.
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 - 07:58 AM UTC
Hello Rob,

Firstly, great kit of a great helicopter, keep it here. I’ve one underway with a LEM Kits Mi 24P conversion, as seen here http://lemkits.com/product-category/air/135-scale/ plus, there are the exhaust heat shields there too, for the Afghan bird you want to do.

As for decals, I’d recommend Linden Hill for airframe stencils, https://www.lindenhillimports.com/#/ I have their Rkhr conversion in the stash, my second ‘to do’ Hind, and it is fantastic.

Also, there is a book on building this kit, it is a little rare now. AK2918, Aces High Hind Special. Grab it if you see it. The only places I’ve found it are in Europe where postage costs more than the book.

This may be the impetus I need to finish the P and start the Rkhr one.
maartenboersma
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 764 posts
Armorama: 742 posts
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 - 08:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Or should I take my build post over to that other site?

The Mi-24 fuselage is armored and can resist impacts from 12.7 mm rounds from all angles.
The titanium rotor blades are also resistant to 12.7 mm rounds. The cockpit is protected by ballistic-resistant windscreens and a titanium-armored tub .
Source : Wikipedia.

i think your in the right place .
JSSVIII
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,169 posts
Armorama: 1,067 posts
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 - 12:40 PM UTC
Ok, enough! Guys what the heck!!! there are different sections of the kit maker network for this stuff, post them in the appropriate place. There is a filter on the kit maker network that allows you to filter out whatever subjects you are not interested in. If you just post them in whatever section you feel like, then that feature doesn't work anymore. Now you might say to yourself, it's only one post, but then it's 2 then 5 then a dozen! and all of a sudden you have to scroll through all those aircraft or car or whatever to find the armor related posts that we come HERE to see every day!

I'm an armor builder who also likes planes, figures and ships, when I feel like seeing them, Guess what? I go to the top left of the page and click the button that says: "Browse Sites!" and VOILA! I can see any of those posts I want. Keep the aircraft posts on Aeroscale where they belong please!

Sorry for the rant, I stayed out of the last one discussion about this hoping it would just go away, but now we can see where this is going. If you think Armorama needs a little shaking up, fine, do it with something ARMOR related!
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Armorama: 840 posts
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 - 12:56 PM UTC
if you can finish this in the next few weeks then you could enter it into the helicopter campaign build, which you can find on the campaigns page in the aviation section.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 - 01:03 PM UTC
Hi everybody;

I can See, where this could get into an pissing contest;
And I can see the Argument that this is suppose to be all about Armor fighting vehicles. (AFVs) And there are at times when I get just A lil/bit Annoyed at certain things that I am personally Not Interested in. ie;) Street Cars, Soviet Torpedoes ect; ect. Do I Get Carried Away At Times; "YOU BET" -- But If I Don't like looking at these things, then I Don't have to Click on them !SO I DON"T SEE THE HARM IN IT !!!!!

CHEERS; MIKE.
Removed by original poster on 08/17/19 - 17:29:12 (GMT).
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,402 posts
Armorama: 2,377 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2019 - 01:31 AM UTC
The exact sort of question came up on another forum a couple of years ago. The best answer in the thread was: "If you have to ask then you already know the answer."

Quoted Text

I used to come on Armorama back when everything was one big forum, but I guess it's compartmentalized to the point of causing ire now. I don't want to be the cause of that,

I don't know what makes you think this is "causing ire". You asked a yes or no question and several people said "no". I'm guessing you were expecting a unanimous, enthusiastic, yes.

Quoted Text

I have no intention of going on Aeroscale as I'm already posting on reddit and largescaleplanes.

I'm curious: why do you want to post the same thing on multiple forums?

KL

barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2019 - 03:57 AM UTC
I have to say I personally think it's a refreshingly "different" thing to see here, and I have no problem with it being here. (Other folks' mileage may vary...) What amazes me most is that it gets airborne at all!

As for not wanting to delve into a whole new site, I can understand. The web can be full of rabbit-holes waiting to suck away your time. Of course I'm sure it would be welcome on Aeroscale too, but I take your opening gambit as a quirky way to shake things up. After all, we don't push all the LST builders out to Model Shipwrights, do we? Or the staff-car builders out to AutoModeller, or the rail wagon builders out to RailRoadModelling...

Well that's my £0.02-worth, anyhow
 _GOTOTOP