_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Hut! Hut! Nissen, that is...
Chillidragon
KitMaker: 104 posts
Armorama: 70 posts
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 - 11:18 AM UTC
Well now.
Natty Little Landies are slowly being catered for with some Silicon moulds for corrected/added parts. The therapeutic build I decided to relax with (Austin K9) has turned into a major detailing project.
A couple of Ratio Nissen Huts would be a nice, relaxing build, right? Thankfully, yes; they were. They are going to form part of a diorama where I can put my Landies, and some other yet to be obtained stuff, and now await painting.
Problem is, I have no idea what colours to use for 1969. I was inspired to build them from watching 'Gary, Tank Commander' (I thought it dire, but was suffering from 'Bluestone 42' withdrawal) but the examples there were painted in Nato Green. I was thinking of Paint, Bituminous roofs (tar black), plain brickwork and maybe green doors and windows - but which green? Any thoughts?
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Armorama: 840 posts
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 - 12:51 PM UTC
can't help you with your project but +1 for Bluestone 42...."When I was in Fallujah.. bang"
Chillidragon
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - 10:28 PM UTC
No-one?
Chillidragon
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2019 - 11:17 PM UTC
Update: I have located photographs of WWII huts, and they were camouflaged, so I think my original idea for a colour scheme was only appropriate for a civilian site. So I've narrowed it down to an overall green. The above example, however, looks like NATO green to my eye - and therefore too modern for me - as are the windows, which look like white uPVC units. Anyone know what green any army building would have received in the late 1960s?
jon_a_its
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,336 posts
Armorama: 1,137 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 12:28 AM UTC
Google search Google Nissen Huts

Green/Brown Camo for WW2, with brick, rendered or wooden slat at the ends, painted/unpainted your choice.
Window frames:
Metal type: White, Black or Camo
Wood: White, Black, Green

Mine own poor Stores Hut effort in 1/48th here

More images

Post War, maybe Bronze green or browny/black pitch or original WW2 camo'd

hofpig
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,330 posts
Armorama: 1,017 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 02:23 AM UTC
https://www.fieldsofglorymodels.co.uk/product/135-scale-nissenquonset-hut-end-section-airfield-barrack-block-prison-hut-etc/
 _GOTOTOP