_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: WWII Soviet Armor
For discussions related to WW2 era Soviet armor.
Aftermarket tracks for KV prototype
UniCue
Visit this Community
Finland
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Monday, August 26, 2019 - 11:31 PM UTC
Hi,

I've been trying to find appropriate aftermarket tracks for KV U-0 which I'm planning to build from Trumpeter's KV "Big Turret" kit. Tracks in kit are slightly incorrect and won't give enough sag needed.
Does someone known are there any early Omsh pattern tracks available ? I've tried to find difference between fore mentioned and reinforced Omsh tracks with help of Neil Stokes KV book, but I can't say for sure which AM tracks are reinforced ones and which are not.
Any help will be much appreciated.
raivo74
Visit this Community
Vilnius, Lithuania
KitMaker: 132 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2019 - 04:22 AM UTC
I suppose you would find what you need here 4bogreen
UniCue
Visit this Community
Finland
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2019 - 05:37 PM UTC
Thanks, but I was already aware of that great site. Although, I went there to have a yet another look at AM tracks and noticed that Masterclub 35027W are for KV-1/KV-2.
As KV-2's last production patch was in June 1941 and reinforced tracks were introduced in July 1941, these tracks should be early pattern ones. Can someone verify this?
raivo74
Visit this Community
Vilnius, Lithuania
KitMaker: 132 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 07:19 AM UTC
Cannot confirm, but they seem like the early type, according to the photos of the real thing.
I am not sure about the teeth height, yet the difference should be minimal for both types.
For mine KV-2 Big Turret I used Lionmark resins. They look good,but definitely not as sturdy as metal so extra care is recommended.
Owengate
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 73 posts
Armorama: 39 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 09:02 PM UTC
Thank you very much for the tip, Raimondas! Greatly needed that.
 _GOTOTOP