_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Wheeled AFV campaign?
Removed by original poster on 09/03/19 - 21:25:33 (GMT).
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2019 - 05:14 PM UTC
Hi Bruce.

Definitely been wheeled AFV campaigns of one sort or another in the recent past such as 'Armored CarMax". Here is a link of threads you can troll through to see what is current and previously been open.
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewforum&forum_id=35&page=1

This does not mean you won't get interest for a new one though.

A suggested time frame, i.e. a start and finish date, also helps people determine if they have time to join in, etc. If you shoot for a time period not already 'taken' by other builds, you have potential for more takers in yours.

Also you may want to clarify the rule on the nature of the 'weapon' mounted to the vehicle with some examples if you are ruling out mortars, etc. Most vehicles that carry those weapons also carry a MG mounted as well so are they still outside parameters if they have an MG? The argument you get is the SDKFZ 222 with MG 34 would appear in, and that is just an MG armed vehicle.

Also let people know if larger calibre guns are allowed i.e. Rooikat/AML 60_90 / EBR

And are SPG's okay? - Rhino/Dana vehicles.

Are field mods like a Pak 38 on a Krupp Protze or M6 GMC (37 mm AT armed Dodge 3/4 tom), etc also okay or ruled out
etc

Cheers

BTW, Yes I am interested!
BogiBg
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 397 posts
Armorama: 388 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2019 - 06:20 PM UTC
I am in but I think there are too much "must have" and "not allowed" in this proposal.
iam2brb
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 136 posts
Armorama: 95 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2019 - 11:29 PM UTC
Hello and thanks so much for the responses! Answers, along with mor detail:

-Gun with rifled barrels only: SO MG's-up up thru are A-OK! Yes, the little sdkfz with it's MG34 would work!.

-I had not really wanted to see the BM-21 or similar vehicles as they are smooth-bore rocket, but if I others want them in, then he, fin by me...I'm flexible!

-So with the above said, the Rhin0/Dana would be A-OK!

-I am 100% OK with larger vehicles like the Rooikat/AML 60_90 / EBR, Centaur, M1128 Stryker, Type 08 and similar Chinese, and the like. I was actually thinking a gun mounted type myself

-Field Mods are perfectly Ok too, so something as simple as a Jeep with armor plating, Pak 38 on a Krupp Protze or M6 GMC (37 mm AT armed Dodge 3/4 tom), and even one of Toyota Hi-Lux vehicles with goodness-knows-what would be OK too.

-Time frame: Really any time from say WW1-Present. Afterall, the early stuff is what paved the way for later designs, right?

-Time frme for the build: I was thinking one year from start date. In truth I have not actually chosen my entry, & I have nothing in hte stash that fits! So I am torn between a a gun-armed vehicle like the M1129 stryker or the like, to one of the Hi-Lux trucks that Men Offers

-As stated earlier, I am flexible, let's talk about it!
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 - 12:16 PM UTC
Okay so basically you are looking for rules like:

- Vehicles with 4 or more main wheels only. Tracked vehicles that have the alternative of driving on wheels such as the SdKfz 254 are permitted
- Must have an offensive weapon mounted on the vehicle and the primary offensive weapon must be rifled. It must be a Machine gun or any gun of larger calibre.
- Primary weapons such as mortars, anti tank missiles, rockets, etc, are generally excluded as the launcher has no rifling (e.g. a LAV 25 with Bushmaster 25mm gun is acceptable but a LAV-M (mortar carrier) or LAV - AT (TOW launcher) are not)
- Field modifications where a rifled type gun is mounted on the wheeled vehicle are acceptable (Note: A Techhnical with rocket pod is not acceptable but one with a DShk or Zu-23 mounted is acceptable.
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 - 12:43 PM UTC
I currently don't have bench,waiting on a new home construction,but I would love to get in with a SADF Rooikat if the timeframe is right.
LikesTanks
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 242 posts
Armorama: 234 posts
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 - 01:38 PM UTC
There's an SPW-70 in the stash calling to be let out....
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 - 03:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

- Primary weapons such as mortars, anti tank missiles, rockets, etc, are generally excluded as the launcher has no rifling (e.g. a Sturmtiger is acceptable as the launcher has rifling.

Not a wheeled vehicle, though.
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 - 08:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

- Primary weapons such as mortars, anti tank missiles, rockets, etc, are generally excluded as the launcher has no rifling (e.g. a Sturmtiger is acceptable as the launcher has rifling.

Not a wheeled vehicle, though.

Hmmm..... I seem to have got over excited with my examples...…
bwiber
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 436 posts
Armorama: 320 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2019 - 08:04 AM UTC
Well, I have a couple things that would fit which are pretty much next on the bench. So, a campaign would be a nice fit.

Bob
GulfWarrior
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,051 posts
Armorama: 1,029 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2019 - 08:42 AM UTC
I might have a couple things to enter. The Revell-Germany ATF Dingo and the Trumpeter Centauro come to mind; though I need to check the main gun on the Centauro.

Count me in!

BravoTwoZero
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 461 posts
Armorama: 370 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2019 - 08:48 AM UTC
I'll join. I have a Technical in my stash.
iam2brb
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2019 - 09:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

- Vehicles with 4 or more main wheels only. Tracked vehicles that have the alternative of driving on wheels such as the SdKfz 254 are permitted
- Must have an offensive weapon mounted on the vehicle and the primary offensive weapon must be rifled. It must be a Machine gun or any gun of larger calibre.
- Primary weapons such as mortars, anti tank missiles, rockets, etc, are generally excluded as the launcher has no rifling (e.g. a LAV 25 with Bushmaster 25mm gun is acceptable but a LAV-M (mortar carrier) or LAV - AT (TOW launcher) are not)
- Field modifications where a rifled type gun is mounted on the wheeled vehicle are acceptable (Note: A Techhnical with rocket pod is not acceptable but one with a DShk or Zu-23 mounted is acceptable.

YES-YES-YES! This is what I was trying to communicate!

OK I really thought the 105mm on the Centauro wass rifled. If we want t drop the rifled requirement than I have no problem with that, I had it there to keep vehicles like BM-21 or similar out, as their primary use would be artillery, hope that makes sense.

I was thinking about running this for 12 months from start-date

How many need to hop in in order to make this a "go"?

iam2brb
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2019 - 09:28 AM UTC
Yes this below is what I was trying to say!

So I had the bit about smooth bores being excluded to keep out weapons like say the BM-21 or similar, which are really more for artillery. I thought the Centauro's 105mm was rifled, but if we need to drop that requirement hen okey-dokey.

I was thinking it should run 12 months from Start Date

Homany participants are required to make this a "go?"

Quoted Text

GulfWarrior
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,051 posts
Armorama: 1,029 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2019 - 09:53 AM UTC
The 105mm gun on the Centauro is rifled.

Normally you need 10 participants for a campaign to be approved.
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2019 - 12:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

To your credit it is a rifled weapon, so you're halfway there.
27-1025
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,281 posts
Armorama: 1,222 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2019 - 03:29 PM UTC
I'd sign up for this.
bwiber
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2019 - 02:28 PM UTC
Just thought I would bounce this back up on the front page...

Bob
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2019 - 06:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

To your credit it is a rifled weapon, so you're halfway there.

.. and it does have more than 4 road wheels...…. it is just they are wrapped in tracks.

Okay Bruce, as the boys say, you need 10 people to say they want in. Then you need to propose a campaign via this link:

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=submit&req=write_campaign

Normally it can take 2-3 weeks to get a response (Admin do have other jobs and a life!) At the moment the main campaign administrator, Jon P, seems to be AWOL so campaign requests are taking a while. I am still awaiting my 20/20 in 2020 GB to be set up, although the Admin have had time to set up the Bundeswwhr one I suggested and one from another person - the Shep Paine tribute. So you will need to be a bit patient.

Then if you want to design a ribbon award and/or a banner for signature posts, you can do that too. The award has to be a 50 pixel x 20 pixel GIF file no larger than 1.4mb or it will not be able to be used.

A banner should be 468 x 60 pixels or it will be automatically resized to fit and could end up distorted.

Cheers
Martinvidas
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 322 posts
Armorama: 300 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2019 - 11:10 PM UTC
What about the Russian/Soviet BTR's?
Are they allowed?
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2019 - 10:55 AM UTC
I would say yes martin, but that is up to the campaign leader to decide.

Has this GB been shelved, or is it still being considered?
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Monday, October 07, 2019 - 07:36 AM UTC
I'd be in - I have a ton of wheelies in the stash.
Removed by original poster on 10/07/19 - 19:47:22 (GMT).
bwiber
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 07, 2019 - 07:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Has this GB been shelved, or is it still being considered?

Definitely a good question... I have a choice of two kits that would fit, and a bench that is about to be emptied.

Bob
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Monday, October 07, 2019 - 07:51 PM UTC
I know Bruce has been visiting the forum - last visit 2 days ago - so with at least 10 guys saying yes here, he has the numbers to propose a build to Admin.... if there is anyone there to set it up. I'm PM him
 _GOTOTOP