_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Review
ICM: Delta Force Fighter
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 - 07:07 AM UTC

Darren Baker takes a look at and assembles the Delta Force Fighter Mogadishu 1993 from ICM in 1/16th scale.

Read the Review

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 - 09:09 AM UTC
Another great addition to the 1/16 scale group. A partial shell of a Blackhawk as a backdrop for a dio is all that is still needed!
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 - 11:48 AM UTC
Plastic modern guns and gear are pretty rare in 1/16th scale. This figure can provide these for kitbashing also.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2019 - 07:28 AM UTC
Not a bad figure, although to my eyes the hands may be a tad small.

My issue is with the shotgun. It's either a Mossberg 500 or a 590A1, so that would be correct. I used a 500 in SF for breaching quite a bit. I even purchased an identical one for myself, as I did all my issue weapons, to keep that "muscle memory".

As you can see, the one supplied with the figure has a shorter magazine, which I've never seen. Minor point. However...

What's holding that shotgun in place? Usually the breacher carries it on a bungie cord attached to a carabiner, so it can be swung out of the way before entering the room with his primary weapon up. That detail seems to be missing.
There should also be a keeper of some sort - a semi rigid bendable one, or what my team used - the U shaped keeper found on chain link fence gates, taped to our gun belts.
Below is a photo of a guy with the carabiner. Strangely, I"ve seen other dudes with a carabiner on their kit, with no explanation for it other than "I might need to hook up to something." I'm still trying to figure that one out.

CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2019 - 07:46 AM UTC
There is a strap under the right arm and over the left shoulder that attaches randomly to the shotguns stock.
hogarth
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2019 - 01:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Not a bad figure, although to my eyes the hands may be a tad small.

My issue is with the shotgun. It's either a Mossberg 500 or a 590A1, so that would be correct. I used a 500 in SF for breaching quite a bit. I even purchased an identical one for myself, as I did all my issue weapons, to keep that "muscle memory".

As you can see, the one supplied with the figure has a shorter magazine, which I've never seen. Minor point. However...

What's holding that shotgun in place? Usually the breacher carries it on a bungie cord attached to a carabiner, so it can be swung out of the way before entering the room with his primary weapon up. That detail seems to be missing.
There should also be a keeper of some sort - a semi rigid bendable one, or what my team used - the U shaped keeper found on chain link fence gates, taped to our gun belts.
Below is a photo of a guy with the carabiner. Strangely, I"ve seen other dudes with a carabiner on their kit, with no explanation for it other than "I might need to hook up to something." I'm still trying to figure that one out.

The Mossberg 500/590 with 18.5 inch barrel came with a 5 shot tube. The molding of it is accurate. The problem is that Delta didn't use it in Somalia, nor the fat handguard M4 that comes in this kit. I've also never seen a Delta operator from that era wearing that model of tac vest.
 _GOTOTOP